Experienced Chief Drafter for Australian Residential Projects

portrait

We're always on the lookout for architects, designers, and drafters who demonstrate a strong proficiency in Chief Architect to join our design team of a Sydney-based design and construction company.

Most of our work consists of secondary residences, including new builds and garage conversions, and we occasionally design extensions and regular houses as well.

The ideal candidate should possess the following qualifications:

• Actively using Chief Architect for at least three years and must be proficient with basic Chief tools, including the terrain tools.
  • How you have been using Chief Architect is important; we are not looking for 3D modelers. You should be able to create a full set of architectural drawings with Chief.
  • Experienced with timber construction and have a good understanding of framing systems.
  • Must be comfortable with metric units.

Not essential, but the following qualifications would be great, too:

• Experience with Australian residential design, national codes, and standards.
  • A degree in architectural design.
  • Basic familiarity with AutoCAD.

The position could start with a per-job basis agreement and could turn into a part or full-time job in the near future.

If you think you have the necessary qualifications and this job is what you are looking for, please don't hesitate to reach out to me.

Thanks,

Have been using CA for many years, long before there was an X in the number. I have designed and built renovations and new homes for most of my life. Have extensive on site experience dealing with unforeseen structural, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, finishes, cabinetry, etc. I try to use that knowledge in my design work to minimize problems from design to build. All of my work has been done in Canada, no experience in Australia, I can read through the codes and become familiar with the differences. I have extensive experience in Auto Cad, and most other relevant software. Run a very high end computer system with a 32 core processor and a 40" 4K monitor. Being from Canada used to both metric and imperial systems. I can produce full architectural drawings, part of my current business is to do as built CAD drawing for electrical and mechanical companies for large commercial jobs.

I am semi retired, looking for a steady part time drawing job. Very reliable, if we agree on a time line, it will be completed.

Have both CA 14 and 15

James Hughes