Rescheck for Basement Finish…

I’m going to preface this by saying this is super silly to require for several reasons… however a building department in Colorado (2021 codes) has requested a Rescheck report for a basement finish project. Does anyone have experience with this type of input for Rescheck? Tips to help me comply or explain how this is not a silly request are welcome and appreciated ❤️

Context on scope of work:
No existing conditioned areas will be modified, no new openings for exterior doors or windows, no replacement fenestration, and the concrete foundation walls have an insulation blanket installed by the builder when the house was constructed in 2015. 

Sometimes you can bypass the Rescheck requirement by citing the code and going with the 'perscriptive' option which requires a certain minimum insulation/windows/etc. In michigan there's an option on the energy compliance sheet that you just check a box and you're good.

If you have to do some exporting, I find (on a mac) that you can just export the 'thermal envelope data' and plug it into rescheck online version and it's pretty simple.

• Upvote 2

• 2 months later...

UPDATE:

Unfortunately this jurisdiction did not allow for any way to exempt you from a Rescheck report, this might be because they recently changed over to 2021 IRC.

Apparently this project type is not allowed to use the prescriptive method… I cannot remember if that was in the Rescheck Alteration guide or if that was per this jurisdiction… In this case, exporting data from a Chief architect file would not work for this one without major editing/deletions since everything but a couple windows are staying the same and I really don’t know for sure what the existing building shell assemblies, insulation types or fenestration energy ratings actually are.) **If someone knows a way to creatively configure Chief settings to make this work, please share.*

Ultimately, I got a Rescheck report figured out via manual input with a bunch of tweaks in Rescheck’s project and individual element settings. If anyone runs across this post as 2021 codes are adopted and wants the details of how I did this - feel free to reach out :)