Chief sometimes stops showing temporary dimensions of CAD objects?

wkshank

Normally if I draw a rectangle, when I click on one side of it, the dimension across to the other side will appear.  Sometimes it just doesn't show up, which is highly inconvenient.  I have saved, shut down, started my computer up again, and it is still doing this (or NOT doing it, which is the problem).  It doesn't matter what file I open... in other projects the program is giving me the same problem.  Is there a setting where this feature is turned on and off?  (why would anyone ever want to turn this off??)  Haaallllpp.  (Edit: ALSO - not showing distances for anything, really -- click on a wall and it does not show distance to nearby parallel wall.)

Wendy Shank - Chief x14

29 minutes ago, wkshank said:

Normally if I draw a rectangle, when I click on one side of it, the dimension across to the other side will appear.  Sometimes it just doesn't show up, which is highly inconvenient.  I have saved, shut down, started my computer up again, and it is still doing this (or NOT doing it, which is the problem).  It doesn't matter what file I open... in other projects the program is giving me the same problem.  Is there a setting where this feature is turned on and off?  (why would anyone ever want to turn this off??)  Haaallllpp.  (Edit: ALSO - not showing distances for anything, really -- click on a wall and it does not show distance to nearby parallel wall.)

Wendy Shank - Chief x14

T is the hotkey for temp dimensions, are you possibling turning that off?

Well good grief.  Yes.  I had no idea.  I don't use hotkeys at all because... well because I'm an idiot, apparently.  I know most on here wouldn't draw without them.  Must learn about hotkeys....  Thank you so much.