Plan View Settings and Defaults

ACAaron

I just spent a few days revising my temple plan file and layout file, along with layers, annotations, etc.  I'm having a difficult time getting my Plan View Settings tiled in to work correctly.  Would somebody be able to offer some clarification.  I attached a copy of my default sets and my template plan file.  I'm hoping my Plan View settings will be in here.  The issues I'm having:

• My primary frustration is in changing font sizes.  I create my drawings on 24 x 36 and then many times create  another copy on 11x17 or 8.5 x 11.  Due to, I need to change the scale of iit to fit.  I'm pretty sure there is a way that you can send a file to layout at a 1/4" scale, then adjust the Plan View setting to auto magically change everything to a 1/8" scale.  As in all the fonts, dimensions, etc. automatically change and are reflected on the layout.
  • I've been watching a ton of video's and they all use an old version of Chief, which the Layout Specifications Box had a drop down that you could change the Plan View.  In X15, it appears that the only way to change the Plan View is to go back into the plan file and do it there.
  • Why do we have Annotation sets for different scales and then also for different plan views?  It seams that the Annotation Sets that are based on different scales, can also control the proper layers.

Any help on this topic would be greatly appreciated.

Ideally I'd appreciate it if someone was willing to share there files files to see how your Plan Views, Annotation Sets, etc. are all setup and work together.  Or if you know of a sample on the CA website that works well.'

Thanks

Aaron Skoczen

AC Plan Template_Active.plan AC Default Setsz-230817.cadefs AC Default Setsz-230817.cadefs