Knee Walls Protruding Through Eyebrow Dormer

Alexonian

Here is the plan view of the two knee walls, with that attribute checked in the wall specification dbx.

UYxBNx8.jpg

Here is the perspective view of the knee walls protruding through the roof.

rSK1TOk.jpg

My first remedial action was to go to elevation view and drag the walls down below the roof line. After doing this I still have some remenants remaining, like Groucho's eyebrows, above the dormer, looking like this:

EtOVhaN.jpg

When I go to elevation view and click on the thin line (representing this feature) the program is telling me that I've clicked on a room.

What feature of the room is this, why does it protrude through the roof and how do I remove it? Using X6.

Thanks for any help.

Bonus question: Lately I've been noticing that an orange colored distortion effect is appearing on my roof planes in perspective view, you can see a bit of it in photo #2. It comes and goes, as I move the camera around and appears all over the roof rather than being locked into one spot.

One more for the road. Is there a way to edit fascia boards manually? Here's the problem:

zie2XoR.jpg

X6 drastically overshoots beyond the end of the roof. Try as I might I can't find a way to manually pull back on the fascia and make it end where it meets the joined roof plane. The two planes are joined without problem via the Join Roof Planes button. Obviously the two planes have different slopes and maybe that is what's mucking up the programming.

How can I correct this artifact?

It is a little hard to say what is causing the wall to shoot through the roof. I would suggest contacting our support team making sure to get them a copy of the plan so they can dig through the problems. It is possible that there is a bug. It wouldn't be the first time we have had a problem with dormers. Your case is one that I have not personally tried to model so I don't have much advice.

The orange bit is due to something that in 3D graphics is known as z-fighting. It occurs when two surfaces are coplanar or nearly coplanar. The first thing I would do to identify the cause is to take a cross section through the area and see what might be pushing up into the roof.

Sorry you are having issues with this.