Curved Roof Tail

4hotshoez

I have a large 12/12 roof set in place that will not need to move and an smaller add-on roof that is to curve off the end of the 12/12 roof eave to a 3/12 at its eave. The little roof eave height will be determined by the connection to larger 12/12 roof. I have seen a video on creating curved roofs, which builds the curved roof first, but I keep having a problem when I change the little roof from straight to curved as of the 3 values of a curve, When I change one the other change too. What I want is  14.036 degrees at the eave and 45 degrees at the ridge and what ever radius to make it work. But it does not do what I want. It does what it wants.

What is the approach or steps I need to take to make this work with my existing lager roof? 

post-2194-0-47536500-1422294440_thumb.png

Got it!

Average the angles of the beginning and ending slopes and make that the angle of the roof to curve. For example, 12/12 = 45 and a 3/12 = 14 degrees. The average is 29.5 degrees. Then set the ridge to match the fixed eave height and then select the curved roof box and change either the ridge or the eave angle to what you want.

post-2194-0-89510500-1422295498_thumb.png