Align drawer and door patterns and texture orientation

Jeffcrigler

I am trying to align the orientation of the materials on a base cabinet with both drawers and doors.  When I use the material painter to apply "Teak" for example, to a standard vanity cabinet, the drawers and the doors are always 90 degrees off.  If I rotate thee texture of the cabinet 90 degrees, they both rotate.  I need to rotate the doors or the cabinets separately.  I want both the drawers and doors to have the texture apply in the same vertical or horizontal orientation.

Screen Shot 2022-07-28 at 9.13.43 PM.png

Edited by Jeffcrigler

I have tried copying the material and rotating it.  That works fine.  But I still have the same problem is I apply it to a cabinet which has both drawers and door.  The doors and drawers are always 90 degrees off.  The doors have the grain vertical and the drawers horizontal, or vise versa.

Ive tried this on the standard build cabinets that CA makes, and also on library manufacturers cabinets and get the same results

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TJGruen
    Newest Member
    TJGruen

• By Allen43
      I am new to Chief but so far I love it. Far better than my previous software. So far, the only problem that I have had is using macros to create a custom label for cabinets.

All I am trying to do is get chief's labels to match my manufacture nomenclature. I know I could manually change it on every cabinet, but that seems like to much work and honestly a waste of time. So could someone give me some help. Either a bit of a guide on custom macros and some recourses and documentation (which I, for the life of myself, can't find), or maybe a working-ish or example macro.

Some examples:(chief nomenclature, needed nomenclature)
      3DB24, B3D24
      U242484L, T2484L
      FHB24L, BF24L

Thanks in advance for the help! And if I didn't give enough information or if there is a better way to go about this, please let me know.

Oh, almost forgot. I am running Interiors x14.
    • By Renerabbitt
      POST 0

You've found it! A thread offering up some of my favorite symbols and content for Chief Architect
      The following content is listed by category with both a link to the post within this thread for easy navigation and a link to a direct download if you won't to cut straight to the chase. new/recent uploads are in RED font. PLEASE KEEP IN MIND, the index is only updated Bi-Monthly. There are plenty of posts made in between updates.

CLICK ON THE "DL" FOR INSTANT .CALIBZ DOWNLOAD:
      =======================================================
      FREE SECTION
      =======================================================
      ARCHITECTURAL-NEW!!!
      RABS 3D GUTTERS - DL   CAD Blocks-NEW!!!
      RABS Bathroom Standards - DL   CONSTRUCTION ASSEMBLIES/ARCHITECTURAL ITEMS:
      RABS 42 CABLE RAILING - DL    RABS MODERN FRONT DOOR AND DOOR ASSEMBLY - DL   RABS INTEGRATED SINK - DL DAMS AND BRIDGES
      CONNECTER - DL  DECOR:
      RABS CHARLES-HILL GROUPED LIVING ROOM - DL RABS CHELTON GROUPED LIVING ROOM - DL    ACCESSORY HOME #1 - DL ACCESSORY HOME #2 - DL ACCESSORY HOME #3 - DL SANTA TERESA DAY BED - DL CAT TREE - DL KITCHEN RELATED:
      RAYTRACE INFORMATION KITCHEN RELATED:
      3-ISLANDS - DL LA CORNUE 1908 RANGE - DL CAFE APPLIANCES, PAINTABLE(CORRECTED) - DL LIGHTING:
      PENDANTS AND SCONCES - DL-1 - DL-2 - DL-3 - DL-4 RECESSED NC HALO 4 INCH LED WITH HOUSING - DL NEW!! 03-22-20 MATERIALS:
      TILE AND COUNTERTOPS #1 - DL 1(ONEDRIVE LINK) - DL-2 CUSTOM WHITES WITH PAINT TOOLBAR ICONS - DL-1 - DL-2 - DL-3 - DL-4 - DL-5 - DL-6 RABS RUGS 1V1 - DL          RABS STARTER KITCHEN MATERIALS PACK - DL         RABS FLOORING PACK 1 - DL            RABS OLD GOLDEN OAK FLOOR - DL   
      RABS SIDING MATERIALS - DL  SEARCH TOOLS
      CHIEF ARCHITECT SPECIFIC SEARCH SEEMLESS TEXTURE SEARCH MODEL SEARCH IMAGE SEARCH CODE LOOKUP STYLE PALLETS
      GARZA VANITY - DL OPERABLE GLASS TRANSOM SHOWER WINDOW - DL  
      SYMBOLS:
      FIREPLACE ASSEMBLY 1 - DL     FIREPLACE STACK TOOLS - DL ACKLES BED AND EDISON TABLE LAMP - DL-1 - DL - 2 TEAPOT MATERIAL EDITOR REPLACEMENT - DL-1 - DL-2 FINMARK TABLE FROM CB2 - DL FIREPLACE MANTLES 1 AND 2 - DL    RABS STRETCHABLE PICTURE FRAMES - DL    BATH SURROUND TOOLS ARCHED CABINETS -DL Rabs Cat Tree - DL VIDEOS: 
      YouTube Channel Search Tools For Designers and Drafters ARCHED CABINET COMMUNITY CHALLENGE EDITING SPHEREICAL BACKDROPS PREP TO TRACE YOUR PDF PLANSET TRIM KITS FOR BUILT-IN APPLIANCES 3D LOGO CREATION-THE EASY WAY CUSTOM SHOWER SURROUND TILE LAYOUTS RABBITT DESIGN IG TAKEOVER OF CHIEF ARCHITECT X-14 BETA LIVE OVERVIEW LINKED CALLOUTS FROM NOTES  
      ========================================================
      PAID SECTION
      ========================================================
      QUICK TOOLS:
      RABS KITCHEN QUICK TOOLS   RABS FIREPLACE DYNAMIC TOOL

Many of these I have personally made or modified. Some of the content may have been created by others for which I will give credit. Many of the materials have free licensing, so no credit is needed. 
      Some of this content may slow down your program as I have a high powered machine and often times use complex and high resolution textures. I will try and give as much detail as possible. Use at your own peril!

No but seriously dig through and enjoy, I've spent a good number of hours ensuring the quality of these symbols and will update them periodically- so CHECK BACK IN! and PLEASE GIVE A LIKE FOR THE POST OF ANY SYMBOL YOU LIKE, IT ENCOURAGES ME TO GO BACK AND REFINE/REDUCE/OPTIMIZE THAT SYMBOL. GIVE A DOWNVOTE AND IT'LL PROBABLY ENCOURAGE ME TO DO THE SAME THING...YOU'LL JUST BE A JERK FOR IT

CHANGELOG:(PACIFIC TZ)
      Page 1:
        Post 0:
      02-12-2019- 4:45PM: Removed the poll, migrated this thread. re-uploaded from X11 public beta 02-20-2019-2:59PM: Added a Poll for user content requests 03-30-2020-6:49PM: Deleted Video Links and added link to YouTube Channel   Post 5:
      02-12-2019- 4:45PM: centered the hearth on the symbol   Post 18:
      02-12-2019-9:52PM: Posted and fixed DL links Fireplace Stack
      01-05-2022-fixed broken links  

Here is a symbol to get you started:
      @Cheryl_C_Crane Think you requested this,

RUSTIC BRICK 2.calibz
      Number of Textures: 2
      Map size: 1024x1024
      Filesize: 3.13 MB

• By Designers_Edge
      I have searched the Chief Architect website and also here.  I have X14 now and want to show sliding doors on some base cabinets.  Perhaps I am missing the options to adjust this in the cabinet specifications.  

Would appreciate someone helping me find this.  Seems like it would be available in the library with the resurgence of Mid-Century Modern.  Thank you.
    • By ChelseaHHomes
      Hi, I'm a new Chief Architect user. I'm still in training and can't figure out this issue. My pattern texture isn't showing up in my Elevation Views. Something must be toggled off because this is affecting all of my materials not just the siding, I just don't know what it could be. The siding has the preset "Hatch" pattern Chief Architect has already, I attached a screen shot of the  Define Material dialog box too. Thanks in advance!

• By Bee-am
      Hi everyone,
      I'm experiencing an interesting phenomenon with Cabinet Shelf Specifications that contain 3 or more library-based shelves in Chief Architect Premier X13. As indicated below, when I add a 3rd unique library object (i.e. wire shelf) to a shelf, somehow the previous library-based shelf (2) "breaks" and changes from (1) to be the 3rd library object. As such, I wanted to find out if that's the intended behavior or it's a bug - and whether there are any useful workarounds. I could have used separators directly at module-level but the cabinet module needs to be covered by double doors.