Export To Autocad

bthompson

I'm using X6 and have plans to export to an Architect who adds engineering notes and final code required items as well as small changes to the plan.  He uses 2004 AutoCAD.  I exported the files in .DWG format, but he tells me he hasn't figured out how to work with my files.  I've never used AutoCAD.  Does anyone have experience with it or know what are the best settings to use for the exported file?

BT

You must save your file as: 2004,2005,2006 Compatible Version. Layers (Displayed only). Scaling (Inches). And leave the final box unchecked for AUTOCAD INDEX because that can be a nightmare. Save File and send to him.

When he opens it, make sure he does so with a clean drawing, and not from a template. That too will mess things up if he has anything set up. The CA version already has it's settings and will open up as such for all it's own layers. If he imports anything, tell him to do so as blocks or reference files. Many a time these guys use text blocks instead of retyping their notes.

If he has any problems, send me his phone number and I'll call him and help sort it out. Make sure you send me what town & state he lives in so I can time adjust.