Change All Cabinet Color/Style

ACAaron

We our changing our design process to try and qualify the clients in or out sooner.  Part of that is to create our own in house renderings for kitchens so that we can meet with the client in our office and change colors, styles etc. on the fly.  When completed, just send it to our cabinet vendor.  I'm having troubles with change cabinets on the fly.

What is the best way to change the cabinets color and style quickly?  I've tried

• Style palettes - I've tried taking some sample files from Chief, copying the room as a style palette and then applying that palette to my kitchen design.
    • Many times it doesn't copy over a material from the original
    • There are times when one of the cabinets (wall, base, etc.) takes on the properties of the defaults in the .plan file, while the rest of them take on the properties from the original plan I created the palette from
  • Changing the default material colors - I tried just changing the default cabinet properties in the .plan file - this is cumbersome and not quick

What I've come up with so far, which I don't love is:

• Create a base cabinet, wall cabinet, and full height cabinet exactly as wanted with color, door frame, hardware, tops, etc. then copy these to my library.  Then to change out a kitchen, place one of the new cabinets from the library and set is as the default
    • Issue is first, this will take quite some time to create all of these.  I imagine I'll have 20 - 30 to represent all the options.  This also seems like a work around

What technique are others using for this?

Any suggestions to what I'm doing?

Are there any cabinet catalogs that contain the wood species and color on the actual cabinets?  So I don't have to apply everything separately?

Thanks