Creating a group/block

msmith964

Yes absolutely.  There are two types of Blocks that you can look up in the Help file or manual that will help you out using the software.

Architectural vs CAD Blocks
Just as there are two types of objects in Chief Architect, architectural and CAD, there are two types of blocks. See Architectural vs CAD Objects.

Architectural objects such as cabinets and fixtures can be included in architectural blocks, while CAD objects such as lines, arcs, text and dimensions can be included in CAD blocks. See CAD Blocks.

Knowing the differences between these two types of blocks helps you decide which type of block can best meet your needs.

A CAD block can include and also be nested in a larger block with CAD objects, text and dimensions, but cannot include or be blocked with architectural objects.

An architectural block can include and also be nested in a larger block with architectural objects, but cannot include or be blocked with CAD objects, text or dimensions.

Chief Architect, Inc, 2021

1 hour ago, Chopsaw said:

Yes absolutely.  There are two types of Blocks that you can look up in the Help file or manual that will help you out using the software.

Architectural vs CAD Blocks
Just as there are two types of objects in Chief Architect, architectural and CAD, there are two types of blocks. See Architectural vs CAD Objects.

Architectural objects such as cabinets and fixtures can be included in architectural blocks, while CAD objects such as lines, arcs, text and dimensions can be included in CAD blocks. See CAD Blocks.

Knowing the differences between these two types of blocks helps you decide which type of block can best meet your needs.

A CAD block can include and also be nested in a larger block with CAD objects, text and dimensions, but cannot include or be blocked with architectural objects.

An architectural block can include and also be nested in a larger block with architectural objects, but cannot include or be blocked with CAD objects, text or dimensions.

Chief Architect, Inc, 2021

Thanks! I'll look for the video.

Turns out I was doing it correctly but I thought it changed the object I had to a block when it actually creates a new one, and that one is a block, not the one I started with!