Seeking CA Designer/Draftsman Vancouver, WA

kiteskiride

We are looking for an experienced Residential Home Designer/Draftsman who desires to join a creative & experienced team. Base pay with added commissions create a feeling of ownership as you help our clients create the home of their dreams. If you are looking for incredible job satisfaction, great growth and partnership potential we want to talk to you.

Requirements:

• Competent with Chief Architect Design Software
  • Familiar with International Residential Code
  • 3 years experience preparing home plans
  • Expert in wood framed construction methods
  • 3 years experience with vertical load analysis
  • Familiar with permitting requirements and processes
  • (optional) Ability to apply architectural design principles to create unique and creative home designs.
  • Ability to review peers designs and assist in quality control process.
  • Ability to communicate with design team, engineers, plans examiners and builders.

1 hour ago, kiteskiride said:

partnership potential we want to talk to you.

Are you open to freelance? I am taking on new work in 2022 and am a big power user(which often means that the workload cannot keep up with my efficiency). I've been working remotely for over a decade now and also train offices in this software, both in group settings and in pre-recorded production drafting videos. Contact me at renerabbitt@gmail.com

I live in the greater Portland area and may be interested in working with your team on a freelance basis if that interests you.

I do have a question for you though.  In the list you provided, experience with vertical loads is mentioned, but not lateral loads.  Is this something that you are currently having an engineer provide for you?

I believe that I more than check off the boxes in your list and I also have considerable experience working in the commercial construction arena as well working as a CAD Detailer on large and small commercial projects.  In this capacity my duties were to create a 3D model of the projects and produce working drawings for the construction crews.  This would include both wood structural 3D models and details as well as metal framing.

Part of my work involved reviewing Architectural plans and engineering details and specifications in order to produce RFIs "Requests for information" to ensure both a smooth design as well as construction process.  From this I have gained experience in working cooperatively with both Architects and Engineers, both in person and remotely, and I believe this experience, and my background in engineering, could be of benefit to you in the residential world as well.

I also have many years of experience working with residential projects including a great deal of high-end work including design, architectural renderings, and construction.  I have been using Chief Architect since Version 2 starting in the early 1990s and still use it today along with other traditional CAD software.

My schedule is fairly busy currently, but I do feel that, moving forward, it might be beneficial for us both that we touch bases to see how we might be able to work together.  If you are interested, please send me a message with your preferred contact information.