Experience and opinions of using Canvas for as-builts?

nVisionTEKBIM

I just had the worse experience with canvas, the output was bad, verry verry bad. Then they ripped me off on the price. 

The scan is completely unusable the measurements are off by about 10%, my 1 story house is now 2 stores, strange objects and errors everywhere within in the CA file (attached). Simple thigs like stucco are showing up as siding. Walls form nonexistent first floor to through the second floor. Just garbage. 

The home is about 1400 Sqft. As per the website the price was $0.20 + 0.05(extra .05 for exterior). Maby if we include the deck another 200 Sqft. Yet they charged me for 3600 Sqft. They made up a whole floor then charged me based on that. 

When I contacted canvas, they blamed my scanning technique and offered to fix the file if is sent them the correct measurements. So they expect me to waste time to sending correct measurement ??

So far they have not responded to the price issue, but since the file is complete garbage I want my money back.  Lets see where it goes will keep you posted. 

Mar 4, 2022 at 11-45-27 AM.plan

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Hi nVisionTEKBIM, 

greg from Canvas here. I saw you were curious about Canvas and wanted to offer you a free code to try it out yourself if you have a LiDAR device. If you want to email me greg@canvas.io, I'm happy to share a code and a couple vidceos to help you get the best result. We have 10,000's of customers who use Canvas at the start of every project. I will caveat it by saying if you need 1/8 inch accuracy on your first visit, Canvas may not be the right solution. But if measurements within 1-2% and captured in minutes works for you, this could be a great time savings. 

Usually, our customers measure quickly on their first visit, and once the customer has committed to a sale goes out and confirms measurements so you don't waste too much time upfront. 

Let me know if you'd like to try it by shooting me an email and I'll send it over. 

Greg