Posted (edited)

I'm a relatively new user and am working my way through the Bachelor View project after the Chic Cottage project disappeared. I'm at video 6, "Creating Rooms and Defining the Ceilings" but I noticed something funky going on with some of my walls from the foundation/basement showing up on the first floor. I'm sure part of the issue is that some of my wall heights/foundation/stem walls are off, but the videos don't show what my defaults should be set to. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you! 

243178121_bachelorviewwalls.thumb.JPG.d403d231302187d72cda125924eb856b.JPG

Edited by ChiefRosieRue
added tags

Please check your messages.

9 minutes ago, ChiefRosieRue said:

but the videos don't show what my defaults should be set to

You can download the plan and have a look.

Hi Eric,

Thanks for the advice. I did download the plan and figured out that it was an issue with the pony wall and its components. The stone layer on the exterior wall came in at a thickness of 4" instead of a veneer at 1 9/16" which is what is on the Bachelor View plan. I matched my layers and thicknesses on those walls to what is in the finished plan and that seems to have taken care of the issue. 

Thanks again!

~Leanne

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    nr9231
    Newest Member
    nr9231

• By Makerer
      I changed the defaults for the Glass Pony Wall and I would now like to change them back to their original defaults, but I don't recall the original settings. Is there an easy way to do this?
    • By Jackstacey
      I'm having issues getting two joining external walls to have different materials and meet on the external corner ( pebble dash and brick) . I've checked my intersections and their mitered correctly and if i select ' through end/start' in structural for the wall it just shifts the issue to the adjoining wall. Please help? 
    • By msshemwell
      I have two different wall types here for a basement plan I'm working on.  One is an 8" concrete stem wall with a 1 1/2" air gap, 3 1/2" framing, and 1/2" drywall.  The other is a standard interior 6 wall.  I can't seem to get them to play nice in the areas that they merge.  Any help?

• By banditz
      currently as shown the picture i have old plan which is using metric units, then i start drawing a exterior wall, and its show me wall types (SIDING 6), but when i get a new plan & repeat drawing a exterior wall, then i dont have wall types (siding-6) ? what was wrong > i have reset everythings...

• By HannaForestAsh
      When I place a window/door/etc. on a wall and type in the dimensions, sometimes it will move the edge of the wall instead of moving the window along the wall. (ie: if I have a 20' wall with a window on it, I want the length between the corner and the window to be 4'... instead of moving the window over on the wall, it will just extend the edge of the wall out past its original point so it's now 24'). Please help!! I'm not sure how to look up this issue so if there's a video on it already please direct me there!