Sign in to follow this  
Roader

Exterior shed, gable walls not reaching roof

Trying to do a simple proof of concept so I can go GC shopping and I'm mostly concerned about the terrain heights I'm stuck with.  Attached plan has a garage with a shed roof, the back wall designated as High Shed/Gable and the two side walls designated as Full Gable.  But those three walls won't reach the top of the automatically generated shed roof plane.  I tried designating all four walls as Attic, but still no go.  I can adjust the High Shed wall in cross section view but can't do the same accurately on the two side Gable walls.  What's weird is that both interior walls DO reach the roof plane.

Any tips/pointers appreciated.

Jan_21_3Story3Rowhouse.plan

It's helpful to have an image (screen capture) showing the issue as often it will be enough to provide a suggestion, and eliminate the need to download and review a plan.

And please add Premier or Interiors, and X11, or X12 -- whatever version you are using to your signature by clicking on your user name at the top right of the page, click Account Settings, then Signature on the left. 

The actual software version is occasionally helpful, but it's much easier to see X12.

Image attached.  Added version to my signature line.

Thank you, Solver.

Garage_Gable_Prob.JPG

Thanks.

Check the level (attic?) where the missing walls are for invisible walls. Chief won't automatically build over them if walls are already there.

I checked and indeed there were attic walls.  Unfortunately, I deleted them all and it didn't change anything, other than now the interior walls no longer reach the roof plane.

Garage_Gable_Prob_No_Attic_Walls.JPG

That worked perfectly, Eric, thank you very much.  I tried again to delete the walls and they would just show up again.  Deleting the entire floor did it.