Canon TM-200 Printer

Ed_Orum

My 2 cents:

I have had a TM-305 for quite a while now. It replaced an ancient HP 750C Plus which served me faithfully for a very long time. The TM-305 is superior to the HP in almost every way including including its output quality and versatility in both B & W and Color. Even on run of the mill 20 pound bond Architectural output, be it working drawings or renderings is both consistent and high quality that is superior and significantly faster than my old HP.  The other big difference is that by simply switching to premium paper I can output a truly Photo quality print with ease, something my HP could not do on its best day. 

Bear in mind I am a bit biased given that I when I made this purchase from Cannon Solutions America the TM series was new to the market. Consequently, they were anxious to generate sales volume. Not only  did they give me a ton of trade in credit for my old HP, they gave me huge discount below MSRP as well. However, if I suddenly decided to come out of retirement, and needed another plotter, I would not hesitate to buy one. The only downside these days is that since I am not generating billable hours, I can't pass on the cost of consumables...  And while this plotter/printer can generate low cost per page "blueprints" quickly and quietly all day long, printing photo quality E-sized prints/renderings still puts a lot of ink on paper.  

If this is your first rodeo with "plotters":

Make sure that at the very least that delivery and set up are included in the price. These plotters are HEAVY, awkward to handle, and require assembly that typically takes 2 people. And given that Ink remains ridiculously expense, try and negotiate a discount price on a complete set of the high capacity PFI-320 Ink cartridges as part of the sale. As I recall the set that comes with the plotter are 120's. They also threw in a couple of cases of Bond as well. Find a well established local dealer with a good reputation for after sales service to handle the installation as well as the inevitable questions that always seem to come up just before deadlines. (Cannon Solutions found a local dealer to deliver and set up the Plotter for me) These are not just big "inkjets" like the ones you get from Best Buy. And I suggest you order an extra spindle. I use one to hold 20 pound bond  for everyday printing and the other spindle has my pricey photo stock on it, it just makes life simpler. Also, consider where you are going to put it and how you are going to connect it to your network. These offer a lot of connectively flexibility that my 750C lacked which was another big selling point for me.

11744.jpeg