Erick-FHbD

How to add rollout tray with double door cabinet?

Sorry folks, I am new to this forum and I deleted my post by accident while trying to respond.

I am trying to make a 24" wide pantry cabinet with full width roll out trays, but when I have double doors it makes it look like 2 rollout trays, one for each door side. Is there a workaround? When it's a single 24" door the rollout tray comes out perfectly, but I need a double door.

This time I added the plan.

Cabinets with Rollouts.plan

Open doors.jpg

Closed doors.jpg

I just looked at the rightmost cabinet.

Use a double door not a right and left door.

• Like 1

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    EliasGrey
    Newest Member
    EliasGrey

• By MarkMc
      Some time back Graham, myself and a few folks played around with how to show a beaded inset cabinet in Chief.
      What were the best solutions at the time are a PIA to work with. I was in need of doing a job with either beaded inset frames or elite (which will be a bit harder and is far rarer so not here)
      I wanted some way to have a beaded inset frame that was easy to change door style on. Figured this out while driving back from client meeting.
      Plan attached has a bunch of base cabinets configured, one wall cabinet and one tall. I've also attached a library of the "doors" used as "side panel inset" to achieve the beading.
      These are 1/4" beads with a total width of 5/16"  Note that separation widths and heights need to be changed to get correct opening for doors or drawers.

From there you are on your own so open the DBX to see what's going on. Hope you like it, I'm pleased as punch
      Ran a quick rt while checking things-looks like I'll need some hardware with altered origins so they don't float.

Note that these will use the default door, the top (A) drawers use default, the larger B drawers are set individually so either clear or specify those. Leave the beading untouched.
      Discovered that the wall cabinet in the current plan is not set as a door but as a side panel inset. Either correct that your self of use the newly attached BeadInsetPlan_X12.
      Changing to wider combined cabinets involves selecting "layout" vertical or horizontal and splitting. Avoid messing with the beads. Bit tricky, always use a test cabinet.
      Bead Inset Plan.plan
      Frame Beads.calibz

BeadInsetPlan_X12.plan
    • By goshgolly
      I'm sure this has been discussed, but I can't find anything specific that answers this question.

I'm trying to create a simple vanity with two drawers and an open shelf underneath (see inspiration image of "vanity").  I simply can't figure out a way/remember how to add a shelf other than by using the shelf command. While this works visually, it treats it as a separate part of the vanity, thereby creating two separate pieces.  In the Working Plan and Kitchen and Bath View plans, the shelf shows up on top of the sink while the 3d view shows the shelf in the correct place!  I guess maybe it's, in part, a layers thing?

I know there has to be a better way of doing this.  What am I missing/forgetting?

• By VisualJoy
      Good afternoon,
      I am trying to design a kitchen but am having issues with both lower and upper cabinets that are convex.  I understand using the different door styles for the front, but how do I make the back of the cabinets fit?
    • By nancyscial
      I am trying to show a recessed wall cabinet bottom for inserting a light strip. 
      I need to be able to show the bottom of the cabinet recessed up by 1 1/2" with the sides still down. The doors should cover the recess also. 

• By SNestor
      OK...I've been messing around with the "Tray Ceiling" tool in X12.  Cannot for the life of me figure out how to create a "nested" tray ceiling.  In the help file it shows to unique icons...one for a "tray"...and one for a "nested tray".  I cannot find where this "nested" tray menu or icon exists.  

Is the nested ceiling shown below in Example B possible with the Nested Tray Ceiling tool?  Thanks!