Sign in to follow this  
cajunland

Wall End Issue/No drywall

Issue in X12 when using break tool to adjust wall for an extension over a column.

Bare wall end fir stud and overhead framing stud can be seen in wall section instead of drywall.

See attached file/pic.

I do not believe soffit is viable solution as I am seeing that soffits will not frame.

So framing is important.

Many thanks to Solver as he addressed this issue and resolved it for my needs by applying different wall types to the wall area drawing. I posted my original files as reference and Solver's solution file (1868954996_MHD_sampletemplateplanSolutionWallEnds).

And the solution frames out too as can be seen in file with camera Perspective Floor & Perspective Framing views.

Exposed Stud and Framing X-12.PNG

Wall End Issues.plan

1868954996_MHD_sampletemplateplanSolutionWallEnds.plan

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Brian-Ingrained
    Newest Member
    Brian-Ingrained

• By Darrellx
      I'm using home designed pro 2021.

Circled in the picture below is the area unfilled between the lower and upper roof where there is no wall.  I can extend the wall inward toward the peak to close the gap, but then area below the gap is closed off.  I've experimented, googled, and watched a bunch of video tutorials on roofs.  Actually seemed like one of the tutorial videos had a similar issue, but the instructor kinda glossed over it and changed to pitch on one roof to make it look a little better before moving on.

After banging my head for a few days, hoping someone has the answer.
      (plan is also attached for the image)
      MissingGableWall.plan
    • By Upward1
      please tell me how to calculate the length of all the walls
    • By ChiefuserMathews
      Is it possible to create a wall type as attached in the image?. This is for a roof top patio partition wall. Could some one guide me please.

• By ChiefuserMathews
      Hello, I am wondering why is the garage foundation wall does not show/appear in the basement (level 0) floor where there is a door above on the first floor? (Plan attached). More over the location I have clouded shows the wall clearly, why it is not displaying at the other locations?
      delete-garage wall.plan
    • By stevenyhof
      Hello,
      I have been learning a lot about building porches, both manually and using Railings.
      I used a Room Divider to make the concrete pad. Then a molding profile to add 4" around it. 
      I made a 1x1 sq profile and made my beam, and added in my columns.
      I built several porches trying different roofs, but end up with no gable end wall. 
      I tried added an exterior wall and making it an attic wall, which added some frieze boards, but the wall just covered my porch from concrete up.
      Not finding much on videos for porches.
      Thank you