I was wondering if there was a way to share files with a draftsman who has Chief Architect X5 and I have Chief Architect Interiors 6. I would have thought he could open my files since he as a more complex version, but the one upgrade prevents that. Any options on my end to save as a lesser version?

Unfortunately no. Unless you have Interiors X5 and created the plan in that version.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    MattBlanc
    Newest Member
    MattBlanc

• By Domistyle
      We're a small design firm and are trying to figure out the best way to share drafting tasks.  How do you share roles in your business?  We all work from our own computers and have been transferring drawing information with flash drives.  Sometimes all the information doesn't always get included.  This also seems a bit redundant.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you.
    • By DHDINC
      So, you are wanting to create your Dream Home in Chief Architect, or perhaps you have already started, but need help working out some of the details... then your in luck!  Contact Dream Home Designs, Inc. and we can help you with your design needs and getting them setup onto layout sheets.  Dream Home Designs, Inc. works with individual, contractors, home builders, and architects to create house plans and 3D Renderings. Dream Home Designs, Inc. is a residential design service geared towards custom home designs, but we offer so much more! Give us a call for your designs needs! All work is done on a contract basis only!

Services offered are:

* Create custom designed Dream Homes!  Additions/Remodeling, Garages, Decks, Site Plans, & 3D Renderings.

* Creating Construction Documents (Blueprints) that are accurate and easy to read, in order to obtain a building permit.

* Offers assistance with your Chief Plans and Layouts to individuals, home owners, & contractors ..and other CA Designers

* Will work with other "Chief Architect" design firms to help tweak there stock plans  

* Converting old plans or hand drawings (DWG or PDF) > to Chief Architect x5, x6 and x7.

* Create Site plans,  basic information transferred for a typographical survey, house location based on setbacks, best  fit, & to capture the best view.  

* Provide Assistance to Architects with their Residential / Commercial / Industrial projects & restorations

* Create quality 3D Renderings for your presentations & brochures... along with 3D videos of your designs.

I have been creating houses since 2005 on my own ~ using Chief Architect.  I have attached a few photos to you to look over.  It is just a small sample of my work. 
      Update:  I have been working on a website to showcase some on the work I have done.  I am going through and selecting "Dream Homes" for you to view.
      Thanks!

Dan Sullins, Residential Designer & 3D Rendering
      Dream Home Designs, Inc.
      (276) 783-8333 
      dan@dreamhomedesignsinc.com

Check out one of my YouTube video:  https://youtu.be/q7D0WtOaJks

• By DHDINC
      So, you are wanting to create your Dream Home in Chief Architect, or perhaps you have already started, but need help working out some of the details... then your in luck!  Contact Dream Home Designs, Inc. and we can help you with your design needs and getting them setup onto layout sheets.  Dream Home Designs, Inc. works with individual, contractors, home builders, and architects to create house plans and 3D Renderings. Dream Home Designs, Inc. is a residential design service geared towards custom residential designs, but we offer so much more! Give us a call for your designs needs! All work is done on a contract basis only!

Services offered are:

* Create custom designed Dream Homes!  Additions/Remodeling, Garages, Decks, Site Plans, & 3D Renderings.

* Creating Construction Documents (Blueprints) that are accurate and easy to read, in order to obtain a building permit.

* Offers assistance with your Chief Plans and Layouts to individuals, home owners, & contractors

* Will work with other "Chief Architect" design firms to help tweak there stock plans  

* Converting old plans or hand drawings (*.dwg) > to Chief Architect x5 and x6

* Create Site plans,  basic information transferred for a typographical survey, house location based on setbacks, best  fit, & to capture the best view.  

* Provide Assistance to Architects with their Residential / Commercial / Industrial projects & restorations

* Create quality 3D Renderings for your presentations & brochures... along with 3D videos of your designs.

I have been creating houses since 2005 on my own ~ using Chief Architect.  I have attached a few photos to you to look over.  It is just a small sample of my work. 
      Update:  I have been working on a website to showcase some on the work I have done.  I am going through and selecting "Dream Homes" for you to view.
      Thanks!

Dan Sullins, Residential Designer & 3D Rendering
      Dream Home Designs, Inc.
      (276) 783-8333 
      dan@dreamhomedesignsinc.com