I am interested in your services.  I am a general contractor in Arizona that typically focuses on commercial work.  I occasionally do residential work for friends or our commercial clients. I enjoy drawing the floor plans and working out the layout with the client.  I am not efficient at detailing or creating the actual plan set.  We currently use Chief Architect.  Would you be interested in helping us? If so, please email me at rusty@capitalrinc.com.

Thank you, 

We are a design build remodeling company in DFW. We are so busy right now we need help on getting our as builts drawn. Is this something you do and if so what do you charge? 

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Apollosg
    Newest Member
    Apollosg

• By pgjacob
      Hi All
      I am trying to render pool water.  I have tried different things but I just can't seem to get it to look right.  The first two supplied are from "pool Studio".  To me these look fairly realistic.  I like the transparency and color.  The last two are my renderings.  I know it has a lot to do with the pool plaster material, texture, etc.  But I just can't seem to get a good pool water.  I have gone to the Sketch Up Club for good images.  Just looking for tricks and tips as I have been doing alot of pools lately..

thanks in advance
      melissa

• By marie-eve
      I have a MacBook Pro but can’t use my ex10 version on it it crash all the time, I would like to buy a new laptop for version x12 any suggestion for a long road ?
      I know the MacBook Pro next generation will be out of only next year... 
    • By birchmore
      I have an octagonal shaped room (silo, 3 stories tall) and I need to build a stair case along the outer wall, following the shape of the octagon, with winders in the corners. What is the best way to go about doing this? I can't seem to figure out how to get the angles correct, the railings to work, get it to create winders on the corners, or get it tight to the wall.

• By kingsgate
      Hello,

I have the HTC vive, steam set up and am able to tour my projects, but it renders with weird flashes of black, sometimes a rainbow effect, usually fairly blurry. I have all lights, shadows and reflections turned off. Any suggetions on how to fix this? 

• By RichM1
      Summary: We're creating a vaulted tray ceiling in a house that started as a double-wide mobile home. I want to model the existing "trusses" so that I can figure out how to do the rafters to frame out the new ceiling. I cannot figure out how to do this though. 

Details: 
      This house started out as a double-wide mobile home. It's been remodeled several times, huge portions added, walls rebuilt in places, rooms moved, walls removed. But the roof structure through the middle of the house is a 2.5/12 pitch, framed as follows: 2x2 rafter, 2x2 joist, 16" OC, with 12" pieces of 1/4" paneling used as gussets every 12". The tall wall has 1/2" plywood as a ridge beam.  I attached a drawing that shows each side. 

I tried changing the rafter and joist settings to 1.5" x 1.5", but it insists on building roof framing with 6" rafters floating above the walls, and framing the tall wall with studs that are in the room wall below. 

I tried to manually draw the framing in like the CAD detail drawing I attached, but I can't figure out how to rotate the 2x2 rafter to the 2.5/12 pitch angle. I figured I'd draw one "truss" manually, and then replicate/copy it across every 16". But after about 6 hours (admittedly I'm new to this app) I still couldn't figure it out. 

I put both sides together, and added the 2x6 rafters and 2x4 cross brace. Then we plan to cut the trusses back flush with the rafters and brace. The wall will be coming out of the middle. There's no code here, unincorporated county, so no building inspection to send this through.

Is there a way I can take this CAD drawing and use it for the actual rafters - extrude the 2D shapes into 3D?