I am interested in your services.  I am a general contractor in Arizona that typically focuses on commercial work.  I occasionally do residential work for friends or our commercial clients. I enjoy drawing the floor plans and working out the layout with the client.  I am not efficient at detailing or creating the actual plan set.  We currently use Chief Architect.  Would you be interested in helping us? If so, please email me at rusty@capitalrinc.com.

Thank you, 

We are a design build remodeling company in DFW. We are so busy right now we need help on getting our as builts drawn. Is this something you do and if so what do you charge? 

Hey Rob,(Neighbor) I'm in West Decatur. Great to hear from you. I draw plenty of as-builts. I have done work for Local companies and Throughout the USA. I base my fees on the project scope. I tried charging hourly, but it was just too difficult to keep track of. When you get the opportunity, give me a call on my mobile 817-694-4297 and we can discuss more.

I appreciate your considering me

God Bless,

Brian Gaylord
Mobile: 817-694-4297

Jer 29:11 — "' For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future'"

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Floriance
    Newest Member
    Floriance

• By chrisped
      I have a home design that I am working on in home designer professional 2020.  Would eventually like to get it completed and then a set of construction prints for Nashville, Tennessee.  whidh means I will need floor plans and elevation views as well as a plot plan.  I have the plot drawn with some contour lines in the drawing I have developed.  The house faces about due west (not the best but that is the lot I have.    I have attached a picture of what I want the exterior rendering to look like.  Looking for job bid.  The plan file is zipped and attached.  Following needs to get done and then a front rendering and the file returned with the updates.  (Can pay via paypal etc)  
      1. Master bedroom vaulted ceiling following rafters up to height of 12 feet then flat across.  House rafters will be 2x8 or 2x6 depending on span.  
      2. Fix the roof planes
      3. Shed roof with 2 in 12 slope over the back deck.  Extends out about even with the master.  This is asphalt shingles.  Ceiling will follow the rafters
      4. The peaks (side and front larger dormer) should be board and batten not sided, the rest of the house sided, the foundation walls are stone
      5. Make sure chimney carries through to the roof from fireplace in family room.  Chimney is stone where it can be seen outside of house.
      6. The basement foundation walls connecting to the crawl space (unfinished area) should be only 5' tall (it would just be in one area)
      7. Front porch is to have a metal roof, rest of house is asphalt shingles (charcoal color but not black)
      8. Stairs should be 42" wide and should be fixed . Want them closed underneath. Somehow I cant get this to look right
      9. Need a front rendering showing view of the house for presentation to client
      10. Need file updated to reflect these changes and has to be readable with Home Designer Pro 2020
      11. Floor deck for both the first and second floor are 11-7/8 TJI with 3/4 subfloor (I think I have this right).

At any rate, looking for quote to get this done.  Thanks for looking.
      House Design Front Walkout.zip

• By JeremyNeilKelly
      Design Associate for Residential Remodeling
      Neil Kelly Company, a 70-year-old, family-owned residential remodeling contractor, has an opening for detail-oriented Design Associate in our Seattle operations. Our projects include whole house remodels, additions, kitchens, baths and residential retrofits related to energy efficiency, and more. Successful candidates with have experience drafting in Chief Architect / AutoCAD, materials research, taking job site measurements, estimating and project scheduling. Neil Kelly Design Associates are key to facilitating the design-build process, and must have the ability to draft and render with both the clients’ and builders’ perspectives in mind.

Check us out at www.neilkelly.com
      Apply at www.neilkelly.com/careers/

• By KrenzyRyan
      Hey All!

Looks like a great community, pretty new to Sketchup - went through my first permit process, design, and construction with our garage (large building on the left).

We are now attempting to add a large area on the back (the white section).  I could use help and suggestions for how to roof over this area.  We would love to have 10' ceilings like our new garage. Here are my goals:
      Raise the middle section of the house to 10' ceilings (like the garage) - indicated by the blue arrow. Cover the new section, also with 10' ceilings - somehow keeping a similar pitch, etc. Keep the the remaining part of the house intact, unchanged (the left area in RoofPicHelp1.jpg).  
      Thanks for any suggestions you might have!

RedfieldMAIN - Redfield Today - Roof help.plan
    • By GCCISarah
      Hi everyone-

In the last several plans I have created in chief X11, using a Camera View with a Reference Display of the As-Built, I have the As-Built Reference Display file set to render as a Glass House view. The Glass House referenced model displays, but without any of the dark outlines to show the features of the model. I have included an image of a remodel I am working on currently, where the referenced As-Built shows as a faint blue shape. Nothing like the examples Chief gives of a reference display, below.
      Any thoughts on what setting I might be able to change to get the 'outlines' back. I have also included an example image from Chief I found online, which has the desired 'outlines' in black.
      This does ONLY happen when I'm using Glass House View as a *Reference Display* in the plan I'm working on. If I were working on a plan and change the rendering technique to Glass House, the outlines are visible. This only happens in Reference Display.