Real Time Ray Tracing

JMarkey

Here's a link to a great article that shows how Real Time Ray Tracing is starting to enter the market.  It's getting closer with graphic card designers looking to make it happen in an "affordable" way.

https://www.engineering.com/BIM/ArticleID/19742/Unreal-Engine-Very-Real-Renders-Ray-Tracing-for-Engineers.aspx?utm_source=engineering.com&utm_campaign=c8ae193275-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2018_11_14_03_38_COPY_01&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_622b2cc90f-c8ae193275-307259605

26 minutes ago, JMarkey said:

it happen in an "affordable" way.

First off, hey neighbor!

I'm very pleased with my overall speed to render and presentation abilities with the various tools available right now! The nVidia Denoising and RTX is incredible no doubt, but with a bag full of tricks you can produce razor sharp images in a short while.

Take a look:

Very interesting.  Although I am aware of SketchUp, I haven't used it,  so I'm unfamiliar with its capabilities.  I'd be curious to know if its your hardware that improves the rendering speed and how fast a similar image would render in Chief?  Any ideas?

48 minutes ago, JMarkey said:

Very interesting.  Although I am aware of SketchUp, I haven't used it,  so I'm unfamiliar with its capabilities.  I'd be curious to know if its your hardware that improves the rendering speed and how fast a similar image would render in Chief?  Any ideas?

I definitely have a purpose built and expensive machine, chief simply doesn't have the capabilities and would need a huge overhaul to produce such images. I still think we're a long way off from needing that in the residential Industry...very few adopters per capita. I only get a render job once a month or so.