OneChickNoHammer

Missing wall exterior material

I've been recreating the "Paradise Rises" drawings as a learning exercise.  I get to this point (file attached) and noticed the eaves are boxed.  (I did start with a similar previous file and "Saved As" to save myself some time.)  I select rebuild roofs and uncheck the boxed eaves.  Then the siding on the upstairs bump outs disappear.  Ugh!  Very frustrating.  Of course, I rebuild the roofs and put the boxed eaves back.  Tried redrawing the walls.  Nothing seems to be working.

Option4_Farmhouse.plan

Check your first floor ceilings too -- they have different heights.

ct1.thumb.png.6f0388596e586c2508a7c43387e4f7ce.png 

Ah, yes.  I did have lateral knee walls with the appropriate heights and forgot that I deleted them, thinking I didn't need them anymore.

Thanks!

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    greglocke
    Newest Member
    greglocke

• By srjbb97
      How do I get the siding to show up on in the gable? See attached pictures.. Also, what is the best way to align the eyebrows along the front?

Thanks in advanced..

Chief Architect X9

• By Doug_N
      Has anyone done a log cabin?  I have a client that I am designing a deck and would like to do a rendering of the proposal.  

Here is a photo of the client's house.  I have to somehow recreate a model in CA.  
      Has this already been done?  I can't seem to find anything close in the catalogues.

• By country
      This is a design job I am currently working on.
      I am attempting to show shingle siding in some of the gable ends.  I have changed the wall type on the upper front gable and garage gable, turned off auto attic walls but it is remaining siding to match the existing walls below.  I'm sure I have done it this way before but maybe not.  I will now turn Chief off and restart.
      I thought I would ask here before sending to tech support in case it is something obvious.  Tech support takes a while (or more) to get back and I would really like to keep working on this exterior so I can get it off to clients.  I could use the material painter but that is a last ditch option that I shouldn't have to use.
      AtticWalls041218..zip

• By boxerprod
      Hi everybody ,

I have a vertical wood siding on a house.
      In order to install it , i need a set of vertical studs 16OC , then a set of horizontal studs 24OC , and then the wood siding (vertical).

Is there a way to see the horizontal studs ?
      Also , can these studs go through floor platform , from bottom to roof ?

Hope i'm clear enough.

Here a picture similar to what i'd like to get .

Thank you everybody for your help

• By Riverlane
      Considering lap siding with variable exposure, i.e., 2 rows of 5" exposure followed by 1 row of 7" exposure. Can't figure out how to create the texture with the differing exposures. Ideas?