srjbb97

Roof Plane Question

How do I get the gable roof planes to stop automatically adding these eave ridges or whatever they may be onto the planes?

See attached picture.....

Using Chief Architect X9

back elevation2.jpg

Open the wall, see the Roof tab, Auto Roof Return

8 minutes ago, solver said:

Open the wall, see the Roof tab, Auto Roof Return

Thank you very much!!

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Bhockzer
    Newest Member
    Bhockzer

• By srjbb97
      How do I get the siding to show up on in the gable? See attached pictures.. Also, what is the best way to align the eyebrows along the front?

Thanks in advanced..

Chief Architect X9

• By Oostin
      How would I go about raising the height of my roof, without changing the pitch? I want the roof line to end at the deck, but when I try to modify the roof with the edit handle the wall comes up against. I want the wall to end at the deck of my A-frame, ad have the roof end at the deck.

• By Rebecca123
      Hi all,

This dotted line (highlighted yellow) has been appearing on a few projects that I am working on. I can't seem to get rid of it or even click it! Not sure if it is part of the roof but it is not the depth of the eave so really not sure what it is showing! It seems to follow the roof line but not always...your help would be much appreciated!

Thanks,
      Rebecca.

Running Chief Architect Premier X10
    • By CJSpud
      This green house I am working on is giving me fits.  Noticed that some of the edges were out of square so fixed them ... then saw that the roof planes' connection of the ridge was also out of square.  For the life of me, I can't figure out why the two roof planes won't join up square.  Any help is most appreciated.  Attached is the plan,

B&KGX9GreenHouse.zipB&KGX9GreenHouse.zip
    • By KKB9750
      First off, thanks to the contributors on this site.  After some diligent forum searching I managed to solve the majority of my dormer issues. 

However, I'm still having an issue with getting the roof planes on the gable side to join properly.  I've recreated my issue in simplified plan attached.  As shown, the dormer roof planes extend to the edges of the primary roof planes and I thought I should be able to just use a join function to merge a dormer plane to its corresponding primary plan, but whenever I do I get the "Cannot move these roof edges without making adjacent edges cross one another or making one of them zero length" warning.  These dormers happen to be symmetric so I can successfully join the two dormer planes at the ridge line, but it creates some strange overlap artifacts as shown in the picture.

Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks,

dormer test.plan