Cabinet Drawer/Door Grain

Chloe1Casey

This is the first time I am actually using Chief Architect for cabinets with a pronounced directional grain. CA seems to turn the grain for the drawers at a 90 degree angle from the actual direction of the grain. I was able to solve the problem by just creating a second material that is turned at a 90 angle which I applied to the door/drawer/panel material for cabinets with drawers. The issue is with my full size cabinets - how do I show the grain all vertical for both drawers and doors? Do I have to "stack" cabinets on top of each other with one cabinet having the drawers and the other the doors?

1 hour ago, solver said:

This is a Full Height cab on the left, and a base cab on the right.

ct1.png

Your picture illustrates my issue exactly. Notice the grain for the drawers is vertical and the doors are horizontal. I want it all to be horizontal. I know that I can do a work around by doing the full height as two separate cabinets and changing the direction of the material grain for one of the cabinets so that all the grain is vertical. I was hoping that I was missing some "default/preference" that allows me to pick a different material for the doors than the drawers so that all my graining would be vertical.