Exterior Door Schedule

Sweeney

Hey All, 

Is there any way to include the jamb width in a door schedule? For example...

Door Unit is a Marvin Clad Ultimate CUFD 3070 S LHIS

Door Frame Size: 37 7/16" x 86"

Door Jamb Size: 1 3/16"

Door schedule shows the width as 35-1/16...**37-7/16" - (1-3/16 x 2)** and I want it to show 37-7/16

Is there a macro I can edit to act more like the widow schedule preforms?

Thanks is advance,

Austin 

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Kaminski31
    Newest Member
    Kaminski31

• By Trawen
      Hi,
      I was wondering if I can somehow setup spaces between door of cabinets to make a significant line between them.

As you can see on the pictures, one (with that chairs) is what Chief does and spaces just disappear in render because they're too small, second one is image created via SketchUp, but I prefer Chief for modeling. 

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

• By MarkMc
      Updated 2/28-added cabinet doors into schedule-one on it's own floating and example of it on a cabinet.
      Changed the corbel procedure-instead of specifying the symbol should be "inside" the cabinet I now embed the "holding cabinet" into where the corbel goes. This allows proper vector and watercolor views. Revised plan attached

I finally found a way to get millwork into the cabinet schedule without using architectural blocks. Problem with blocks is the dimensions read based on orientation in the space and not on the object.
      It's a bit of a futz at first but I'm happy. Once set up the stuff can live in the library.
      Place the millwork in a new plan, convert to symbol _CABINET DOOR instead of millwork. You will have to work with the origin and stretch zones. Origin will vary if it is going in as inset or trad overlay.
      Then place a cabinet, futx with the dbx (most need to have opening for back and both sides) In 3d vector view I change the sides of the cabinet to "opening no material"
      Once cabinet is done save to library- can later add a different millwork door to it to save work.

Plan shows a schedule, two millwork "doors" and a couple of cabinets using them for reference. Open all dbxs to get the idea. (no not doing a video)

I also placed at the bottom of the plan what I've been doing to get moldings, loose accessories, touch up kits, toe kick etc into the cabinet schedule. These are also saved to the library for reuse.
      The Text callout is placed once and copied. Dimensions can be adjust to read properly but the quantities are off so I put that into the label.
      Bracket sch.plan

• By StructEng58
      Does anyone have the Andersen AEAHID6080 Entry Door for Chief?

Thank you in advance,

Chris Rood
    • By rfantclt
      I have a commercial project - historic hotel renovation & addition. My plans are set up with finishes, walls, etc., based on CA library of materials.  I want my Room Finish Schedule to use generic descriptions such as "cpt" for carpet, LVT, PCT, HDWD (hardwood floors), etc.  What is the best way to over-ride the materials I selected in defaults?

Rebecca Fant, AIA
      Charlotte, NC
      rfant@archmatters.com
      x12
    • By ChiefuserMathews
      Could someone help me out to add a custom column heading to a schedule so that I can add some text to that schedule?