Odd window shape

TonyM62

Hello Everyone,

Not sure about this one. I've looked but no success short of calling Chief. I have a window shape that I'm able to create with the window tools but it's rotated 90º. I need the wider portion at the top. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Tony

Untitled 1.jpg

10 minutes ago, solver said:

I'm not so sure. I've never done one that acted like a normal window, but I'm sure it's that I don't know what I'm doing.

I guess the window symbol wouldn't actually be a very good solution in this particular case, but they do have some benefits sometimes...although very few now that we have the Inserts Into Wall Option.  Come to think of it, maybe there aren't any benefits anymore.  That might take more thought than I'm willing to give it right now.  I thought the window symbol option for example used to obey the rendering style Opaque Window Glass setting, but that doesn't seem to be the case anymore.  Maybe I'm remembering incorrectly. 

Thank you for the idea Solver for the video Alaskan_Son. That will do perfectly. It didn't cross my mind to go the symbol route. I've never had the need to use that option but it's going in my "this is another way to get stuff done" bucket. Appreciate the time you took to make the video. I'll definitely pay it forward.

Note: Unfortunately, I'm still on X10 (boss hasn't upgraded yet) and the "convert selected to symbol" option isn't available. I think it's time to upgrade!

Many Thanks,

Tony

13 minutes ago, TonyM62 said:

Note: Unfortunately, I'm still on X10 (boss hasn't upgraded yet) and the "convert selected to symbol" option isn't available. I think it's time to upgrade!

You can still use the same trick without that tool.  You just have to place the wall and window into a blank plan, delete the wall surfaces using the Delete Surface tool, and then click on Tools>Symbol>Convert To Symbol.

Michael, Worked like a charm. As you can see from the pic I still have corners to do. They are glazing to the corners so I may just do standard rectangular and leave it at that since the scope for the project is in the back.

Untitled 2.jpg

• Like 1