Printed lines are too think

chorn501

I'm having an issue with a drawing that I completed for a client. I believe he created the original plan with home designer software. The issue I am having is when I convert the layout to a pfd file most of the lines and textures that were on the original plan come out much thicker than they are on the layout. I have tried making the weights smaller but that is not fixing the problem.

You probably need to go into your Drawing Sheet Setup and make some adjustments.  To match what you would normally see in Premier, you need to turn off the option for Home Designer compatibility and set the line weight scale to 1/100 mm.  You may or may not need to make adjustments to the line weights in your Layer Display Options dialog, your wall types, and any cad objects.  This will depend on how old of a version of Home Designer the plan was originally created in.

If all else fails, you could always try copying the model into a new blank plan using the Edit Area tool.

For more info about line weights and printing see this help section:  https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/category/122/printing.html