Sign in to follow this  
MaxStudio

Stairs, Railings and Walls...

Hi Everyone,

I am having an issue with an L-shaped stair.  The lower portion of the stair is wider than the landing and overlaps the wall.  The railing should die into the wall like shown but, the corner of the wall is not showing.  I'm assuming it is because the stair itself is preventing the wall below from extending up (see photos 1A, 1B, 1C)

I have a stair to the basement directly below this stair which is why I'm using a wall below (to define the the "open to below" space)

My attempt at fixing this issue was to make the wall below the stair invisible (which allows me to maintain the "open to below" space)

I then selected the stair and deselected "Open Underneath" via the Style menu.

This looks correct in the perspective view but, it leaves my plan view undesirable because it shows an invisible wall below the stair (see photos 2A, 2B, 2C)

In an effort to rectify this issue I relocated my breakline which I believe circumvents the issue. (see photo 3A)

Anyone know of another way?

Thanks

1A.png

1B.png

1C.png

2A.png

2B.png

2C.png

3A.png

11 minutes ago, MaxStudio said:

but, it leaves my plan view undesirable because it shows an invisible wall below the stair

Place the wall on its own layer, and do not display that layer.

Thanks Eric

It seems creating the panel below the lower portion of the stair also creates a panel below the upper portion of the stair.

I think your solution might be the way to go.

Thanks Again

4A.png

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Oilersfan20
    Newest Member
    Oilersfan20

• By Designer100
      Hey guys,

I ariginally had cable rails and now I cannot get stairs to go back to noarmal stairs. Ballusters are not showing and I need to deleter the cable rails that are showing up in specs. Stairs has been move from another part of floor plans. Proably something simple.

Can someone help?

Thanks for any help. 

Richie_house._La_OPT._2_02_17.2020.zip
    • By MRMChief
      Happy Holidays everyone.

I have a plan where I have a few places I need an exterior wall above a roof section, but a railing, or in one case, no wall below.  Is there a way to do this in Chief Architect X11?  The one opening in my screen shot shows some exterior molding, but no wall.  On the one that has the railing below it, I tried the lower wall type if split by roof, but I couldn't get it to show as a wall above and a railing below.  It was either only a railing or all wall.

I am on a macbook pro..

Thanks,

Michael

• By DeckQuestions
      I'm trying to get stairs that look like this:

They look like this right now:

How can I achieve this?

Thanks.

• By MTL-Homes
      Anybody have any idea whats going on with the intersections of these deck railings and the exterior walls? Cant get the original default siding to go away at the intersection. Have tried editing default material and making adjustments with the wall layer extents tool.

• By Designer100
      I have designed a pergola and a deck. I cannot get the terrian to show right. It needs to be zero of level at back of deck by pool deck and slowly slope down to a bayou. it needs to be 36" to grade at edge of outer deck Then a stair going down to the end of stair which is around 5 fr lower that top of deck. I have not did much terrian and would appreciate your help. This is just a remodeling and adding a deck from the pool. 

Thank  you,

Nerwell
      newell.cheatheam@gmail.com 
      Pergola_.plan

11X17.layout