Resources for additional materials & patterns ?

ShowmeCHIEF

Hey guys, do any of you know some good resources for additional materials? I am often in need of additional tile patterns and flooring materials to make my designs more realistic. I have used the capture tool to create several times but the repeats just do not look good. For example floor materials just look repetitive in an unrealistic way.  For example, I want to make a tile material/pattern for this attached picture. I also attached a pic from a plan showing the floor material created via screen capture tool, you can see how it repeats in a way that does not make a very good presentation. How do I make these more realistic.

Thank you in advance for any help.

51-115_5x6_Marlow-Desert-Palazzo-Wall-Tile.jpg

floor overview pic.jpg

In Paint or Paint 3D, Gimp etc , use a background with the grout colour applied and then copy/paste 8-12-20 copies of the pic above as needed, with a thin line between them (grout), rotating them in different directions and vertically/horizontally and then make a new material (reset the textures size appropriately) so the repeat isn't as noticable and the image size is set to real life sizes depending on number of tiles used above....

What you need to look for online are Seamless Textures , so the repeats are not noticeable...getting a Pattern will be harder especially for that tile but search here for Arabesque and I think you'll find one or two...

www.cadhatch.com

is one place that has a free Pattern genrator ( excel file) and free patterns and seamless textures.

Mick.

Mick,

Thanks for the suggestion, I did find some usable textures at hatch.com and I found some arabesque tile images I made use of. I was trying to use your suggested method with Paint and copying, manipulating images but I have very little experience with that software so it was  a struggle. I'm going to have to learn it because I am constantly not satisfied with textures from capture tool. searching for seamless textures or tile-able images definitely improved the materials creation results. Thanks for the help!