Sign in to follow this  
JollyRoger

Block Crawl Space for Brick

Hello,

I am having some issues figuring out how to get my block crawl space to work with brick.  For example, first layer is the footer, followed by 3 rows of 8 inch block, with a row of 4 inch block.  This allows for about 3 5/8 inch for the brick to sit on.  However, I cannot figure out how to do this with my options.  I have no problem with the footer and 8 inch block, but how do I get the last row for 4 inch block with brick?  Is there a catalog somewhere to download 4 inch block to allow for brick?

Thank you,
Jeff S. O.

1 minute ago, JollyRoger said:

but how do I get the last row for 4 inch block with brick?

Pony Wall. Make a new wall type for the last row.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Treasuretree
    Newest Member
    Treasuretree

• By Designer100
      Is there a way to add pre Mfg. brick to outside of the foundation above grade that does not affect the porches etc or parts you do not want it?

Newell Cheatheam
      www.newellsdesigns.com
      newell.cheatheam@gmail.com
      x11 
    • By rembocanoe66
      I've used CA for years and AutoCAD since 1985. (Yeah I'm old).
      In Florida we do a lot of Block house plans. (CMU) 8x16x8 concrete blocks.
      Other than manually placing block patterns. Does anyone have an easy way to do wall fill patterns to show the ACTUAL CMU BLOCK Pattern in plan view. 
      It would be great if it actually placed filled cells required for all window/door openings and corners. Any suggestions? 

Thanks
      Ray
    • By DRyeHD
      I've looked for a thread on this topic but cannot find one.  Typical construction is CMU stem wall on footing and slab.

I would like to show outside edge of foundation block and all thickened slab areas (for bearing walls and posts).  I see the foundation block on floor "0" and the thickened slab (under bearing walls) and post footings on floor "1".  I would like to display all this on one layout and add dimensions for concrete, plumbing, and other under-slab work.

What is the best way to do this without redrawing a separate plan to accommodate these items?
    • By CRHDesign
      Is there a room dialog to prevent this from happening? Ideally I want to make the cantilever a "cantilever" room and have it not generate walls under the cantilever with auto rebuild foundation walls on. Unless there is an easier way? Copying the balcony room settings ends up generating walls like the attached picture, still generating walls under cantilever. Feel like I'm missing something very simple.