UPDATE ALL VIEWS still not working, anybody else see this?

dshall

7 minutes ago, dshall said:

This was submitted during BETA testing.  I assume you guys have a paper trail of submittals for BETA.

Yes, Brian informed me this is indeed the case - so we do have good record of this and Testing is well aware of it, sorry for the confusion.

On 8/23/2018 at 5:56 PM, ckirste said:

Taylor,

I consistently have to update a view twice in order to get the details to show up. So, for example I'll update and the plumbing disappears and the doors show as slabs and then I'll click update view again and the detail shows up. It happens very consistently with me.

Thanks,

Cait

Cait, if you could send us a copy of the Layout and Plan files, I would be curious to see if we could reproduce this with your set of plans as well.

On 8/23/2018 at 5:00 PM, Chopsaw said:

please also explain which function is automatically activated when printing

Printing performs an "Update All Live Views" action to ensure the live views are all up to date and at their highest resolution (which often trips people up with views set to Live View Update On Demand appearing fuzzy). If we updated Plot Line views before printing, that would render Edit Layout Lines useless.

On 8/23/2018 at 5:00 PM, Chopsaw said:

There may actually be three separate situations going on here or possibly even four.  Plot Lines not generating properly. Plot lines not generating and displaying in the correct layer order. Plot lines being disrupted and incomplete for symbols. Plot lines and cross boxes not generating for framing members.  Plot lines being offset from the object they represent.  Oops maybe that is five issues.

There very well may be a couple different things going on here which makes pinning these issues down rather difficult, it is hard to determine if these issues are all related or if they are separate issues manifesting at similar times, etc.  The trouble is that we are trying to find some way to reproduce this behavior so Testing/Development can really put their finger on exactly what is happening, please do not feel that we are dismissing these issues; just because we can't reproduce them doesn't mean we don't believe they exist.  We are trying to determine what would be causing this, which leads us to guess and assume as best as we can in lieu of being able to see it happen, for instance, I assume this may have something to do with how long these views take to update on your plan, but that may be a false assumption.  The more information we can gather, the better.  If we can reproduce it, we can work on fixing it.

I'll continue this particular issue offline with Katherine and we'll see what we find.

Anyone else that encounters these types of issues, please document your steps as best as possible and submit a copy of your Plan/Layout.

• Upvote 1