Adding dormers to Mansard roof house

katmacphail

Hello again

Last night I needed help building the mansard roof and tonight I need help figuring out the dormers. The interior walls go nuts when I try anything.  I have attached a screen shot.  Is it because I have full height walls drawn for the third floor?  Should they be attic walls?  I have tried cutting holes in the roof, sometimes I am able to do it and other times I am not able to do it, other times the exterior wall pops up through the side of the roof, at one point I was able to get a hole in the roof but then the inside got stripped as in the screen shot.  

I'm sure that I am missing something obvious. 

Katharine

Screen Shot 2018-07-17 at 6.36.09 PM.png

118 Pearl existing.plan

Eric, how did you make the dormers?  Every time I touch the exterior wall in any way, it gets stripped.  What is that second image?

The walls on the third floor are full height walls, what we are seeing is the underside of the roof.  Until it disappears.

Katharine

I tried drawing walls and nothing came out of the roof plane.   I'm going to erase it and try again.  What is this thing in the wall that looks like a cane in the section shot and is like a white sheet in the other section?  It isn't in the other roofs. 

Screen Shot 2018-07-17 at 8.11.13 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-07-17 at 8.07.54 PM.png