dbritti

Downloaded to New Computer, no default plans to choose

Hello! I just migrated Home Designer Pro 2018 to a new MacBook Pro from an older one and all looked good until a started a new plan.  There were no default styles (ex traditional, contemporary, etc)  to choose from which I often use just to get me started.  Also no room labels etc to work with.  Did I miss something in the download?  

Denise Britti

Thank you!  And yes, this was solved almost immediately through Support!  

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    New2Chief
    Newest Member
    New2Chief

• By DaveQueener
      Gentlemen,

I am a professional model-maker and cnc machinist looking to build a new 40'x60' workshop on my property. I am well versed in SolidWorks and AutoCAD, but not Chief Architect. I am contemplating renting CA for a couple of months to complete the design of my new workshop and generate construction drawings, but before I pull the trigger on that, and spend a good deal of time learning the software, I would like to get quotes for someone else to complete the design work and generate prints. Please contact me offline for details and to bid the job.

Dave Queener
      Knoxville, Tennessee
      Dave at CumberlandModelEngineering dot com
    • By bryanwilber
      I'm looking for someone who can draw a very simple storage building and then create plans suitable to submit to permit office in Brookhaven, GA.  The building will be 16 X 20, single story, stem wall / slab foundation, board and batten siding (to match existing house), 1 small garage door on 16' side, regular door and a few windows.  No electrical, no plumbing.  

Thanks in advance for any interest in this project.
    • By DCB123
      Hello, my name is Doug, as I am a Chief Arch’l Cad Designer, looking to help other contractors, builders and Chief users with their residential projects, 3D models, plans, walkthroughs, photo realistic renderings in Chief Architect & Lumion softwares.
      I have a well established portfolio of the houses that I’ve done, renders in lumion 
      and other references as well.
      I would love to discuss your next design project with you, and even do a free online meeting, for us to get better aquanted with your Project. My professional rates are reasonable, depending on the size of the project, and the scope of the work, but I normally take payment on PayPal, and block out prepayment, for lesser amounts of time, or discuss, working on larger projects on contract basis. Pls, reach out to me, so, that we can discuss things further?

Douglas Burgmann
      Chief Architect Designer III
      Accurate Asbuilts & Design
      Email: douglasburgmann@gmail.com
      cell:     (970)987-4476 msg
      Web:   http://www.dcbcaddesigns.com
      FB: dcb1234

• By Renerabbitt
      Open to new work. I've been working remotely for clients for years and can easily navigate the issues that present themselves from remote work. I have plenty of references and videos demonstrating my various services. The following images are snippets from my site at www.RabbittDesign.net

I offer training-while-drafting services in Chief Architect as well as training in Sketchup, Thea Render, Photoshop, Premiere Pro and Procreate.
      I tend to cater to experienced designers and drafters in Chief Architect, many of which benefit from and are quite pleased with anno/layer sets, library items, toolbars, and a more cohesive folder structure and .plan and .layout files. 
      A few hours of my service may cut hours off of every project you have going forward.
      Feel free to check out my YouTube channel dedicated to all things drafting, designing, modeling and rendering in my signature below.
      Take a look at some of my recent design work in the Gallery
      Also, take a look at the extensive Free Content Thread and continued free content YouTube Series:

• By james_carey
      Carey Bros,. Remodeling, a San Francisco Bay Area based Design-Build Remodeling Contractor for over four decades, is seeking a draftsperson and design professional. Individual must be proficient in Chief Architect and have the skill to create as-built drawings using measurements and sketches provided by Carey Bros. Kitchen, bathroom, and space planning experience a plus. All services to be provided off-site. Please provide resume and product examples. james@careybros.com. www.careybros.com.