is anyone aware of a specific catalog, free or otherwise, that contains single, rectangular wall-mounted flood lights?  the default catalog contains two variations of floodlights but they both have a round profile and it won't meet the needs of my presentation.

Thanks

outdoor light.JPG

It can be, but might look funny, as it tilts up.  It looks like it is meant to be installed in the ground.  Sorry about that.  I found a free one in Sketchup's 3D warehouse.  I've attached here.  You can import it into Chief, size it to your liking, and change the color as well.

If you want it to light up, you can add a light source to it.

image.thumb.png.1017efda72340aac5cfa02f64a04aecb.png

100W+LED+Flood+Light.skp

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    miguelCheif
    Newest Member
    miguelCheif

• By marlem2000
      Hello!
      I hope everybody is enjoying this year that’s ending.
      I’d like making a question before 2023 comes. Is there a way to make some kind of “up holes” in a wall in order to set some puck lights up too?
      First, I tried with a wall niche but it’s too thin. I don’t know if I’ll have to use a pony wall or other but I have never worked with them so I’m feeling a bit lost. Any idea?

Many thanks and Happy New Year!

• By Legacy-HNoles
      Hello,

I am fairly new to Chief & even more so to ray tracing. I am attaching a standard rendering (1), a physically based (ray trace) (2), and two CPU ray traces ( one with 1 hour/38 passes, the second with 3 hours). It appears to have a foggy haze over the image. Once you zoom into the image, it appears to be grainy also. How can I brighten and sharpen these images?

I have experience with Twin Motion, Photoshop, Revit, etc. but I have seen some wonderful renders out of Chief. I would love to get there. Any tips?

• By DRyeHD
      I'm having a problem getting a deck to remain when I try to contain it under a roof.  The function of the roofs to the covered deck are to make a covered walkway to the covered deck.  I didn't know where to begin searching for this issue so I'm posting this.

The attached screenshot shows where I'm able to get the roof and deck to look right (4'-1") and where the deck room conflicts with the roof (4'-0").  Ideally, I would make these both 4'-0".  When I try to adjust the deck rail in or out from the back of the house (shown at 4'-0") the deck disappears.

I have attached the .pln file.  Any advise is appreciated.

Ingram2.zip
    • By decorators3
      Hi

I have been watching the video tutorials on exterior rendering primarily the lighting features and effects .  Can anyone tell me about  PARALLEL lighting placed facing the buildings exterior??? I can't locate  anywhere.  Cad arrow does not convert ...also where do I find the lighting for the interior rooms that show a yellow glow .  I've tried the electrical but only see the auto  LGIHT for ceiling which is a light fixture not a glow.

Its probably so easy but for the life of me I can't figure it out.  My exterior renders are not bad but would be more affective with the features available in said video    

Much thanks 

Levina
    • By TimelessJohn
      Hi All,

"Roof Beams Appear as Solid Timbers not I-Beams as Preferred."

I have a small insignificant detail problem that I wish to resolve and wonder if anyone has a Tip or Trick to fixing the fact that my Steel I Beams show up perfectly in my Posts and Deck patio beams but not in my roof beams.

I have changed all of my defaults to I Beams in my settings to no avail, just curious if this a detail I will have to learn to live with or a glitch in Chief?

Also I would like my I beams to show in the interior walls and imagine in order for this to happen I will need to create a niche and paint it black steel? Correct?

Please see attached image.

Thank you in advance,
      John
      Modders ADU Plan V3.plan