Sign in to follow this  
ckirste

Custom Back Splash not working at Peninsula/Bar

I have a kitchen peninsula / bar with a slide in range. The bar top is 6" higher than the countertop in a standard configuration. The kitchen side has a slide in range that I need a 6" back splash behind. I have a 40.5" solid railing wall behind the cabinets with a 1-1/2" custom countertop on the bar. I can't get the Custom Back Splash tool to work on the half wall behind the range 

Is there a setting I'm missing? I know I can make this with a different tool, but I would think this is one of the key situations where a custom back splash tool would be used.

Thank you for any suggestions.

-Cait

26 minutes ago, ckirste said:

I can't get the Custom Back Splash tool to work on the half wall behind the range 

Why not? What happens?

Posting your plan, or one that just the rooms in question will help with answers.

Your "40.5" solid railing wall" is a Partition, not a wall.

You need a wall for a Custom Backsplash or Material Region.

Okay. Thank you. I changed it to a railing wall, which I thought I had, but obviously not. So now I can draw the custom backsplash, but it immediately disappears. I can't see it in plan or elevation; Custom Backsplash layer is displayed.

Just found the wandering backsplash, it was attached to the wall in the family room; beyond the bar. So it didn't attach to the new railing wall, but the room beyond. Easy enough to move it.

Thanks for your help Eric.

-Cait

Make sure you are drawing on the railing wall -- did you raise its height after drawing it?

ct1.thumb.jpg.0811eee931176fcd6c74b49bafae0a00.jpg

Yes I had raised the railing wall. But I think I started the custom backsplash at the top of the counter and dragged down. Since I also had line weights on it wasn't as precise as it could have been and likely landed on the back wall.

I got it sorted out now.I appreciate your help.

-Cait