McQueen3D

X6 import from previous - celing plane

I imported a plan from X5 into X6 and my ceiling planes came in weird--they did not extend over the plant shelves along the edge (truncated at the ceiling hole polyline) and the material changed.

The fix turned out to be simple: double-click the ceiling plane and uncheck "Use room ceiling finish". My FLW-inspired living room is restored.

Not sure why this feature is here, I can't imagine any user wanting their custom ceiling planes truncated by the ceiling hole polyline if they were deliberately designed elsewise.

Hopefully this will come up in a search if anyone has trouble with this in the future.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jaimeducusin
    Newest Member
    jaimeducusin

• By DRyeHD
      I've created a cathedral ceiling over a living room but cannot get the trusses to span across all of it.  Per the attachment, they begin properly at the back of the living room, cross the peak of the cathedral ceiling, then stop at a roof pitch change.  I've tried rejoining the roof planes and ceiling planes but am not able to figure out why the truss stops at the roof pitch change.  My truss top chord is 7 1/8" for insulation purposes. Any ideas or suggestions?  I will send the plan file if needed.

• By hotlantajeff
      I looking to buy a old version of Chief Architect X6, X7, or X8 for sale.
      Contact - hotlantajeff
    • By LeeDrafter
      Hi All,
      I am trying to make a picture to show a customer a display shelf over a closet under a vaulted ceiling. The wall cut-outs appear in the ceiling plane above. How do I hide those wall markings so the ceiling appears as a solid plane without separate cut-outs above each room? I have attached a picture of what I'm talking about along with my plan file. I am working in X9.LOT 123 SPRING CREEK, SANFORD display shelf.planLOT 123 SPRING CREEK, SANFORD display shelf.plan
      Thank you!!

LOT 123 SPRING CREEK, SANFORD display shelf.zip
    • By Joe_cul
      I have an old plan and been saving it from X2-X6. When I open it in X9 the walls can not be opened or adjusted. It seems that everything else can be opened. The walls seem to be poly lines. I never opened it and saved it in X7 or X8.
      Any suggestion on opening it so it can be worked on?
      CulottaX6 041414.plan
    • By BlackDiamond
      I am creating wall views for the interior designer and using the 'wall elevation' command under 3D. However it always shows a flat ceiling and doesn't show any vaults. Is there a way to accurately show the full gabled wall?