• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    oppguenard1
    Newest Member
    oppguenard1

• By Chiefuserodd
      Hey Mr. Chief Wizard,

Is there a way to display only selected text in say a "Framing, Floor Plan View" active layer set that will not show up in the "Working Plan View"?  When I send to Layout, I would like specific text associated with the "Framing, Floor Plan View" to only show up on the "Framing" page and not on the regular plan view sheet that I have.

Thanks,

• By Ange822
      Good morning, would anyone know how to show the dimensions text horizontally and not parallel to where the dimensions is being taken?
      I am tried looking in preferences / setting / other chief talks with no luck.

Much appreciated!

• By Sunnyfields
      I am trying to do a presentation plan and am using a top down orthographic view with watercolor and overlaid lines. I can't get the resolution I need exporting an image from CA so I have sent the view to Layout as a live view. We also tried it as an image. The problem is that every time I try to create a PDF two walls disappear. The view box is large enough, so I haven't cropped the view, I've had our veteran Chief guy look at it, and we're stumped. Here is the result:

Here is the view in Layout:

And Here is the print preview:

Has this happened to anyone else? I have tried outputting this about a dozen times and the same two walls are cut off every time. 

I am running CA Premier X12 on a Dell with these bells and whistles. I also have Bluebeam Revu as my PDF print driver in addition to the "Export" function in CA. I have tried to print and to export with the same result . Any help would be appreciated.

• By Ange822
      I am drawing a cross section using 2D CAD lines (to get more detail than the automatic cross section Chief creates).
      I am having issues finding a Batt Insulation Pattern to use.

I am using Chief X9

- Chief Architect has a Block under "CAD Blocks / Detail Components / Insulation / Batt / 5.5" R-21", but unfortunately it is only 12" x 5 1/2" of size, so if I want a smaller or bigger section, it stretches the block and the proportions change. 
      - I found a free .PAT file online (attached), but It needs to be in a specific location to work, the minute I move the polyline with that pattern in it, the pattern moves with it.

I have tried to illustrate this in the attached screen shot. 
      Please let me now if anyone has any recommendations / solutions to this issue.

thanks,
      Angela 

H1INSUN1.pat
    • By rembocanoe66
      I've used AutoCAD since 1985 and CA for the last decade. But I've always been stuck on this one thing.
      I understand that I can change the default txt sizes in the default settings. and I can modify the annotations that delineate font characteristics. But when I have an EXISTING line label (in this case a Terrain perimeter indicating the property line)  how do I change the label text heights without redrawing the line?