Sign in to follow this  
jcaffee

Edit Area tool and Make Parallel tool

I'm having an issue in X10 using the Edit Area (All Floors) tool to rotate my site plan to a know reference line using the Make Parallel tool.  I select the terrain perimeter (on the line segment I wish to align with the reference line), then select Edit Area (All Floors).  I then select the Make Parallel tool, set to rotate the entire polyline, and select my reference line.  Everything rotates, but a line segment of the terrain that I did not select gets the perpendicular treatment.

I know I've done this before, but for the life of me, I can't figure out what user error is involved.

See attached. (Notes in plan)

Lot Trouble.zip

I get the same as you.

You can use Transform/Replicate to rotate the object.

ct1.thumb.jpg.4a4f4f5f8cdb39d3c807c721b3ef3eb5.jpg

Thanks, Eric!  I ended up drawing a rectangle around the entire shebang and aligning the top edge with the terrain perimeter line I wanted to align originally.  Select rectangle on the line>Edit Area>Worked like a champ.  Not sure why this didn't work using the terrain perimeter.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CAJNENT
    Newest Member
    CAJNENT

• By SNestor
      How do you dimension the distance between the property line and the setback line?  I can't seem to get any of the dimension styles to "click" onto these lines.  Do I have to draw a perpendicular line and add arrows to the line...and show the dimension?  

Surely I'm missing something simple...

Thanks

• By LeeDrafter
      Hello,
      Is it possible to adjust a north arrow angle in order to make the bearing angles correct in a CAD site plan? I usually draw my north arrow first before I draw the rest of my site plan. That way the bearing angles I type in use that north arrow as a reference. Then I highlight everything including the North arrow and rotate it all together until the street is at the bottom or so the plan fits on paper and is easy to read. But, this time I must have accidentally not grabbed the north arrow along with everything else because the bearing labels are wrong. I have tried manually adjusting the north arrow, but my precision is pretty much only to the degree, not minutes or seconds. Does anybody know of a way I can input a bearing angle and the north arrow will adjust to that? I would rather not redraw the plan. I am working in X5. Thanks!
    • By Kane_County_IL
      I need help completing a site plan for a 15acre property.  Im not concerned with detail just a scaled version that can be printed at 24x36in.  I plan to use it to mark up the plan myself. thanks
    • By jbaehmer
      Are you a homeowner looking for your dream home?  Maybe a general contractor looking for someone to draw custom plans for you?  Possibly looking for someone to maintain or even create a database of stock plans?

I have been drafting residential plans for over 15 years for a number of builders and individuals.  I have been working with Chief Architect since version 8 and am well versed in the latest version of Chief Architect.  I have drawn everything from “cookie-cutter” houses for general contractors to full custom plans for general contractors and individual homeowners.  I have experience is creating and maintaining a plan database of 100+ stock plans and custom plans. 

Services:

-       Custom Plans / Additions / Garages / Decks
      -       Creating and Maintaining Stock Plan Database
      -       Accurate and Legible Construction Drawings.
      -       Site Plans
      -       Converting hand drawn and DWG files to Chief Architect

I have drawn over 3500 house plans between stock plans and custom plans.  I provide high quality work and offer a wide variety of services for design work.  My turnaround times are very quick and at a very reasonable rate.

Contact me to discuss your next project. 

Jared Baehmer
      Cornerstone Home Designs
      cornerstonehd79@gmail.com