As much as we all love Chief Architect, let's work together to find ways to spend less time in it!
I would love to hear what you do to guide the homeowners through the process of designing a custom home.
What have you put in place that sets you and your clients up for success?
We're hiring for a Full-Time Architectural position for residential remodeling & new construction using Chief Architect in Downton Chicago & surrounding Chicagoland Suburbs. It's still difficult to find people with Chief Architect experience; so I thought this forum may be a good place to look. See job posting link below:
Salary $50,000 - $70,000 a year Job Type Full-time Full Job Description
Looking for immediate architectural assistance with drafting architectural plans for obtaining building permits on primarily residential remodeling and new-construction projects throughout the City of Chicago and surrounding Chicagoland.
Drawings will be developed using the Chief Architect Software.
Job Duties will include:
- Taking field measurements and photographs of existing conditions
- Drafting & development of existing, demolition, and proposed floor plans using Chief Architect
- Drafting & Development of Exterior and Interior Elevations
- Basic level drafting and design for Structural and MEP Systems
- Updating drawings from redlines provided by Lead Architect's Review
Requirements for Qualified Candidates:
- Verifiable Experience using the Chief Architect software & ability to provide samples of work using the program.
- 2+ years experience with residential remodeling/construction in a professional setting.
- Ability to visit project sites in-person to perform field measures for existing conditions.
- General knowledge/understanding of local building codes
- Organized, reliable, detail orientated, and good communication skills
- Ability to commit to deadlines
Preferred Attributes for Candidates:
- Experience using the Chief Architect software in a professional setting.
- Completed college degree in Architecture
- Completion of formal Chief Architect training program
This position provides a flexible work environment allowing you to have flexible hours, the future potential to work remotely (with the exception of site visits) and also has a lot of room for potential growth within the company!
This position will qualify to provide AXP hours to be used towards Licensing through the NCARB program.
Please provide a copy of your resume, contact phone number, email address, and samples of work.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 - $70,000.00 per year
401(k) Flexible schedule Paid time off
Bonus pay Commission pay
Residential Architecture: 2+ years Chief Architect: 1+ year (Preferred)
Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and work samples if you are interested in the position.
I am doing a remodel and have created a separate existing building file and am using it as an underlay to show where walls are being removed:
BUT, when I export the views to layout, they all default to the last view I export. Here I export the first floor:
So far so good. Here are the settings:
Then it all goes awry. This is what happens when I export the second floor:
And now the third...
This only happens with this one plan. Could using the plan reference be messing things up? Has anyone seen this before?
Chief Premier X12
Intel Core i9-10885H CPU @ 2.40GHz
64.0 GB RAM
64 Bit OS x64 based processor
Windows 10 Pro