Sign in to follow this  
mpatalsky

No openings shown in elevation

At some point the windows & doors in my plan stopped showing in the rear elevation view.  All other views are fine & I checked all of the settings on walls & windows throughout the plan & they are the same & showing properly.  Anyone have an idea why?!?!?

Thanks in advanced,

Mike Patalsky

B Model.plan

Your rear foundation walls are brick. Is this correct?

Rebuilding the foundation puts them back and fixes the window problem.

Eric,

I did as you say & yes that fixed it until I changed the rear walls back to 2x6 brick walls.  It is a walk-out basement. I've done this many times before & it's never done this.

I changed the rear walls under structure to hang on wall & that made the openings above appear again but Chief is drawing lines in elevations that would have to be edited.  For some reason the basement walls are putting brick all the way up through the first floor covering up the first floor openings.

Take a section through the back wall and notice the misalignment.

Align the basement wall with the wall above and it looks OK. I aligned manually as the auto align did not work.

ct1.thumb.jpg.8487c9f3ea279c63a6250b8f9bd2b006.jpg

Thanks so much Eric, I always rely on the align wall feature & I didn't question that it does it correctly.  Thanks again!

If you uncheck Foundation Wall on the brick basement walls, they align as expected. You can then set them back to foundation Wall.