Drafter [Remodeling] - Orange County, CA

ChiefUserBryce

We are a family owned Remodeling contractor in Fullerton seeking a full or part time draftsperson who possesses a positive attitude. Our Company specializes in residential remodeling and has been in business since 1989.

• Position requires a minimum of 1-2 years experience in all aspects of residential drawing; Chief Architect preferred(2D drawings and 3D renderings)
  • Ability to use/read AutoCAD
  • Position would entail drawing plans in Chief Architect
  • Working directly with Engineer and developing structural plans
  • Involvement with City Building Departments and pulling Building Permits
  • Knowledge of residential remodeling is essential
  • Must be familiar with California Building codes
  • Motivated and hardworking
  • Polite and courteous with great communication skills
  • Willingness to learn and grow

Please respond to this with your resume and a detailed description of your skills, wage requirements and please tell us how you would make a great addition to our team!

• 4 weeks later...

Greetings,

My name is Mark Greenwald.  I may not be what your are looking for in a draftsman, but more experienced in all the areas you specified in your request.

I am a general transitioning to just drawings.  If your company needs assistance part time or by project, I'm located in Long Beach.  I've been using Chief Architect for our drawings for many years now, but there are still elements I draw by hand because its faster and has not prevented any drawing from being accepted by the local building and safety departments.  Additions have been our forte for years.  I've collaborated with one engineer for years now.  It's been functioning well but I want to kick it up a notch.  

Let me know if you have an interest.

Regards,

Mark Greenwald

mbgreenwald@verizon.net