Pdf To Vector Converter

marklcc

I have just started using PDF2CAD from Visual Integrity.

Since I have not used it that much yet I can not give much of a run down on it, but so far I am very impressed with the output I am getting and intend to use it much more in the future.

I have not used it much at all with Chief files.  What I have been using it for is when I print a PDF view of structural members exported from Chief into TurboCAD Pro Platinum.  Why I do this is to take advantage of the Solid modeling tools in TC and the ability to show hidden lines as dashed and also dimensions and text in a hidden line rendered view.

Like I said, early stages so far, but impressed with the output.  What I am working with now is TCs ability to save a 3D model as a 3D PDF file.  Still working out the basics on how to make this all work, but it is really opening some doors as to what is possible with interactive 3D modeling.

All I can say for sure is that PDF2CAD has not been the limiting factor so far.  The only gotcha I have found is that dimensions come in with a box around them that can not be deleted without deleting the dimension itself.  What I have been able to do though is to change the line style to invisible and the box goes away and the dimensions are still visible.

Edit: I am using version 10, which has just been released.  No experience with earlier version.