Developer

Window Rough Opening - Home Designer Pro 2018

I have created windows in my floor plan.  I set the window width to 24".  This is usually a stock width for the windows I use, but I want to make sure that Home Designer Pro 2018 is quoting the rough opening and is not setting the window size framed width to 24".  How do I check or set that when I set a window to be 24" wide it framing the rough opening to 24"?

Thanks, Solver- appreciate the reply.  I did check the framing, but not sure if the 1/2" (D) allowance is incorporated into the window size or not.  So when I set the window width to 24" W is that the rough opening, as most windows are quoted in rough opening at Home Depot.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    slickrick1530
    Newest Member
    slickrick1530

• By MichaelaS
      Looking for a way to add window and door toppers for interior millwork. 

• By wjmdes
      Not sure if this was an issue in X11, but in X12, I added "FIELD VERIFY" to Trailing Text under Segments and it also added "FIELD VERIFY" into the extension next to the elevation.  Fortunately, in this case, that is fine, but maybe an issue in the future.

• By Chiefusermickey
      Is there any way to force new objects such as a window, wall, or door to snap to the grid? I have my snap grid/snap unit set to 1". I would like for new items to be placed in the plan on a whole inch and not fractions. As it is I can drop in an object and the dimensions to it will be off the grid and not a whole number. I have to manually move the object to get the dimension to a whole number. I have attached an example of my problem. To many unwanted fractions. 
    • By dskogg
      I want to show a window schedule for each elevation only showing the windows on that elevation, what is the best way to do this?
      This way i can show the sq footage of windows on that wall exposure and have it totaled in the schedule for just that wall.