Sign in to follow this  
ComputerMaster86

Auto-Generated Room Base Moldings

Working on a recent basement remodel project I have come to notice something kind of peculiar.  Whenever you have a pony wall and then a furred wall on the inside of that, the default auto-generated room base molding follows the edge of the pony wall instead of the furred wall.  When the outer wall is a single wall as opposed to a pony wall, the the default auto-generated room base molding follows the edge of the furred wall.  Notice whether you have a half height furred wall or full height furred wall has no affect on the room molding.  The pony wall / furred wall combination causes the quirk.  See the pictures below...

Chief Architect X9 - Room Base Moldings 01.jpg

Basement Walls

Chief Architect X9 - Room Base Moldings 02.jpg

Basement Walls with a Furred Wall

Chief Architect X9 - Room Base Moldings 03.jpg

Basement Walls with a Basement Pony Wall & Half Furred Wall

Chief Architect X9 - Room Base Moldings 04.jpg

Basement Walls with a Half Furred Wall

Chief Architect X9 - Room Base Moldings 05.jpg

Basement Walls with a Furred Wall

I just ran in to this problem as well. I called in and support told me to shoot a cross section/elevation, then use a 3d moulding polyline, draw above where you want it apply the moulding you want then drop it in place. It worked for me, good luck!

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Oilersfan20
    Newest Member
    Oilersfan20

• By jlcDesign
      Gang, I apologize in advance if this was already addressed here, but I couldn't find it.

Often, I am asked to build an addition on a deck-style foundation.  Is there a simple way to do this that doesn't take forever?  I can manipulate the software to eventually do what I want, but there has to be an easier way!
    • By 40mstew
      I have a basement with a safe room. The ceiling is 10' high in the basement. I only want to drop the ceiling in the safe room that is in the basement down to 8' and keep the basement ceiling at 10'. Seems every time I try to do this it messes with the foundation and raises it. Not finding any videos on this. Or is it just as simple to turn a soffit into a ceiling???
      There has to be a simple step by step solution to this. 
      Using X9. 

Thanks
    • By EGBPro
      I cannot get this shelf ceiling to behave. I have tried everything I can think of. The bathroom itself is vaulted. There is a water closet that also has a shelf ceiling but that one is perfect. I tried to match every parameter of that room to this one but nothing works. I have two ceilings to make things worse!!! ALso that horizontal band between the lower and upper walls just appeared as well!!! HELP ME PLEASE!!! Thanks.

• By CBuserIndia
      Hello
      I am using Chief Architecture x8 Interior version.

I want to find out if I can create Block of a simple room. Room has 4 walls, door, window.
      As soon as I select wall, I don't get "Add to library option"

If above is not possible, is there any work-around ?

Problem, I am trying to solve is - I want to start a project with a room which has walls, doors, window, & may be few other objects which will get re-used every-time.
      I want to drag & drop this room object & then I will customize this room block as per requirement.

Thanks
      Nitin

• By kal152
      I just figured out that if you go under room specifications and search a molding using the word ​,bead  BBM36,BBM48,BBM96 comes up from the Durasupreme catalog. You can use this to place beadboard up the wall at whatever height you want around the room. This looks great compared to using beadboard as a texture. But for some reason the is bead molding will not show on the wall where the door is. I tried deleting the door and it still does not show up. Attached is a picture showing where it will not display, the base and chair rail still displays. Then I attached a picture where I have added 2 polyline solids with a beadboard texture to fill in the space. Has anyone come across this issue or may have an idea how to fix it.