AlwaysEastern

Layout sheet index format question

Is there a way to add separations and sub-titles similar to the image attached while using Chief's layout page index schedule? 

Plan Sheet Index with sub-titles and seperations.JPG

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Camian
    Newest Member
    Camian

• By nancyscial
      Hi 
      I am using x10.  I have a kitchen type that I will multiply many times and save by unit #. I need to have the unit # show up on my layout page for each plan that is saved. 
      Not sure how to save the units and have the info show up. 
      Thanks in advance! 
    • By WAShideler
      I am hoping someone can tell me how to handle this.  I have done all the framing, and using the project browser, sent all the Wall Details to a Layout page.  When I first did this, everything showed up perfect...The wall detail names on the walls in plan view, corresponding to the labels in the Layout.  

Well, I made a couple of window changes, rebuilt floors and ceilings and now what I have is this: The wall detail numbers show up correctly in the plan view, but the layout shows: "Wall Layer 4 Viewed from outside".  I must be able to change the Views on the Layout to correspond with the plan view!

HELP!!!!

TIA 

Bill
      Funky Labels.pdf
      Plan View.pdf
    • By robdyck
      Does anyone have some decent ideas to keep track of details? I'm working on a large home that has over 40 details. If I decide that a particular detail, let's say it's #5, is redundant or not required, that means I've got 35 details and their callouts to renumber????? 
      I've been calling out details from the cross sections in layout, specifically so I don't have to open each section view (which is so tedious) in order to place callouts. But there's no schedule tool in layout to make any sort of auto-numbering system. And no linking system from the callout to the detail camera (I like to keep them live) or to the CAD detail (which I use for less dynamic details).
      This is as bad or worse than the issues one runs into when using room numbers.
      Surely there is some system within Chief for actual architectural plans? 
    • By Ridge_Runner
      I have struggled with this problem for some time. When I send views to Layout, I will sometimes have a difficult time "picking" a line to edit (see attached view). By hit-and-miss I am able to select it off to the left from where it shows in the view. I could never determine why or what causes it to happen until today. I have sent countless views back to layout just so I could edit them - sometimes! By chance, I discovered today, while working on a cabinet sheet of views, the problem started again. I re-sent a view, could edit the lines in place by picking them where they showed in the view. After some edits, I could not select the lines as before; they had to be selected to the left of shown. I did a mental backtrack of what I had done just before this occurred. The only thing I had done different between the functioning view and the non-functioning view was to move the view label. I like to move the labels close to the view they tag to prevent possible errors in labeling. Sure enough, if I moved the label I could no longer pick a line as normal. If I didn't move the label, I could pick the lines as normal. Would someone please try this on one of your layout sheets to see if this happens on your system? I don't think it would be a setting but I don't have a clue why it would happen. BTW, I mostly move my labels to the left if that has any bearing.

Thanks, Mike

• By CUJojo
      I am curious as to what folks are doing with their typical detail drawings.

Do you save them within the project's plans?
      Do you same them within the project's layout?
      Are they on their own file?

What are the advantages and disadvantages of each method....