Sign in to follow this  
CARMELHILL

Stop erasing Window and door make and model

This a minor annoyance. When I'm working on the construction drawings I occasionally have to make a minor change to a window or door. Maybe add an egress check to it. Maybe add a comment that it needs to be tempered glass, etc.. Everytime I do this it erased the door/window schedule Manufacturer and Model Code number. Is there a way to prevent this? It should really only erase/reset this info if your changing the height and width of the window. The rest of these changes are options that should affect the manufacturer and model number. Maybe a lock option?

Change schedule to text if need be. Or open window in dbx select egress. For general additional notes change schedule to text. 

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    gregor43
    Newest Member
    gregor43

• By Aamir77
      Hi folks,
      I want to create a corner window with two different profile windows where height is different on both faces of windows like the one circled RED in this picture.
      I tried but failed to remove the corner post if I change the height of one side like this

Need your guidance. I am using x10.
      Thanks in advance.
    • By ChiefuserMathews
      I was wondering is there a way to rename a symbol so that the name appears in the schedule will be as required rather than the CA symbol name. eg. 2 way ceiling register, I want to rename it as supply air to reflect in my schedule. Is it possible? Any suggestions how i can achieve that?
    • By No1ZZTopfan
      Look very close and tell me if you can find the hidden bi-fold door. I'll post where its at in a few days. :-)

• By nikiley
      Hi All!

I am wondering if there is a way to add hardware to a window like sash locks or casement cranks. I did not see any options in the window specification dialog, but I wonder if I could create something to apply in the treatment tab that would work. Has anyone here experimented with something like that? 

• By wazzubrad
      I am looking for a solution on how to insert schedules into Layout. I have tried converting the schedule while in a Plan to a Cad block and then inserting into layout by Copy/Paste, but this deleted the Note # specific to each line item and I would then have to manually add them for each line item on the layout page.

Here is a picture from a Chief layout where I have blue circled the schedule showing that Chief has inserted it into layout. Any ideas?