Sign in to follow this  
CARMELHILL

Stop erasing Window and door make and model

This a minor annoyance. When I'm working on the construction drawings I occasionally have to make a minor change to a window or door. Maybe add an egress check to it. Maybe add a comment that it needs to be tempered glass, etc.. Everytime I do this it erased the door/window schedule Manufacturer and Model Code number. Is there a way to prevent this? It should really only erase/reset this info if your changing the height and width of the window. The rest of these changes are options that should affect the manufacturer and model number. Maybe a lock option?

Change schedule to text if need be. Or open window in dbx select egress. For general additional notes change schedule to text. 

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    bryanwilber
    Newest Member
    bryanwilber

• By stevenyhof
      I have downloaded the three garage door catalogs from the Library, and non of them have a standard wide paneled garage door. They also do not have a wide paneled 8' high door (5 panels high)

What they have is 5 panel high flush doors - so this can be stretched - cool
      But there are no standard paneled, wide (16' and 18') 4 or 5 high garage doors.
      Does someone have access to such doors? 

The long panel door comes in both 4 panel wide and 2 panel wide - very good.
      The door with the 4 panels across come should also come with 8 panels for wider doors.

Am I missing it somewhere? It's like the most common door used from Menards and Lowes. Starter doors.
      Thank you

• By verticalworks
      We have limited space on our layout page and more pages than can fit. I cannot seem to find a way to do columns. The only option is to shrink the font but that will not be an option as the city requires a minimum font size. All I can come up with is to do a manual text box. This seems like there should be an easy solution to this as I know plan sets that are 60-80 pages and you would need multiple columns to show all the pages. Thought?

• By ChiefuserMathews
      Hello,
      In one of my basement floor plan, for some reason the door number is displaying 2 numbers. I don't where is this coming from. Just to clarify there is only 1 door in that location. In the door schedule there is only one number for that door. I try to delete that door and inserted it again. I try to insert a new door at a different location, that new door also is displaying 2 numbers. Kind of crazy. Any help?? see attached image

• By elijahkay
      Is there a currently available way to apply a separate color and line type to the swing of the Swinging Door object?
    • By kylejmarsh
      Here's the door I need to specify, an Andersen A-Series with three panels:

Here are the options that chief gives me for a hinged patio door:

Should I just write a note on the drawing that says 'my software can't make a door like that...'  I'm embarrassed to admit this to Kevin, a fellow local designer who is thinking of moving to CA or a similar program, because I always talk up how great Chief is but then there's stuff like this.

What do experienced Cheefers do?