Sign in to follow this  
SchnieppDesign

Make a floating dormer cut through a ceiling plane

Is there a mechanism for getting a floating dormer to cut through a ceiling plane.  I am designing for scissor trusses on either side of the dormer, so I have the lower pitched ceiling inside. The floating dormer does not cut through this ceiling plane. Is there a way that is more automatic than manually working all the walls, etc.?

Any help would be appreciated.

John

If you use the search words "hole in ceiling plane" it should come up with the question I posted. It has some great answers for how to do this.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Camian
    Newest Member
    Camian

• By DRyeHD
      I've created a cathedral ceiling over a living room but cannot get the trusses to span across all of it.  Per the attachment, they begin properly at the back of the living room, cross the peak of the cathedral ceiling, then stop at a roof pitch change.  I've tried rejoining the roof planes and ceiling planes but am not able to figure out why the truss stops at the roof pitch change.  My truss top chord is 7 1/8" for insulation purposes. Any ideas or suggestions?  I will send the plan file if needed.

• By LeeDrafter
      Hi All,
      I am trying to make a picture to show a customer a display shelf over a closet under a vaulted ceiling. The wall cut-outs appear in the ceiling plane above. How do I hide those wall markings so the ceiling appears as a solid plane without separate cut-outs above each room? I have attached a picture of what I'm talking about along with my plan file. I am working in X9.LOT 123 SPRING CREEK, SANFORD display shelf.planLOT 123 SPRING CREEK, SANFORD display shelf.plan
      Thank you!!

LOT 123 SPRING CREEK, SANFORD display shelf.zip
    • By BlackDiamond
      I am creating wall views for the interior designer and using the 'wall elevation' command under 3D. However it always shows a flat ceiling and doesn't show any vaults. Is there a way to accurately show the full gabled wall?
    • By Paul61
      I need to create a series of triangular ceiling planes.  What I can't figure out is how to make one from the rectangular plane, or to create a triangular plane directly.  I can use break line on the edges, but can't delete a point.  I tried using edit object parts to delete a segment and then connect the remaining edges but it does not work on ceiling planes.  Am I missing something very basic like the ability to delete a vertex of a polyline object?
    • By LevisL
      Is there a framing member type/setting that I'm missing here? I'm trying to put in beams to follow the ceiling (underside of scissor trusses). These would just be decorative. I've tried all the different types of framing members but I can't seem to find one that'll follow the ceiling.

The closest I can get is using Polyline Solids, but the wood grain goes in the wrong direction, so I'd have to explode them and create copies of the material at different angles...