Schaeffer Homes is seeking an In-House Architectural Plans Manager:
1. MUST be able to produce permit-ready construction drawings or Manage outside architects to produce permit-ready drawings.
2. MUST have a minimum 2 years of experience in producing new home plans.
3. Assist in the design and preparation of plans for new models and update existing models with an emphasis on value engineering.
4. Manage Relationships and Plans with outside Architects:
5. Manage the organization of all plans in the Company Network drive.
6. Update plans to reflect feature and specification changes.
7. Plan changes in response to field variances and visits.
8. Complete draft revisions within a standard time frame.
9. Reduce any office related variances through clarifications of plans (accurate plans with sufficient detail).
10. Prepare lot specific plans for building permits within a designated time frame.
11. Interpret and implement building code changes into the base plan data base of working drawings.
12. Prepare standard interior and exterior details.
14. Check all first drafts for completeness and accuracy.
15. Provide technical support for other departments.
16. Prepare colored 3-dimensional floor plans and elevations for sales brochures and website. Assist Marketing Manager with accuracy of Brochures, Website and App.
17. Communicate any substantial plan changes to President.
18. Coordinate and maintain floor joint layouts with Weyerhaeuser, floor sheathing layouts and roof truss layouts.
19. Distribute copies of floor plans or truss layouts to truss manufacturers for bids at time of start package.
20. Prepare and distribute applications for Architectural Review committees in various neighborhoods as needed.
21. Knowledge of Chief Architect and Auto CAD.
Please reach out if you feel you meet these requirements. I am not looking for a third party service, but I am willing to have remote work part of the time.
Thank you for looking,