SWT lining up at the same height with crawlspace and garage

BerthaLee

I've been fighting this problem for weeks! We use a pier curtain crawlspace foundation. The stem wall should be 37.5" everywhere. Normally, this works, but when I drop the garage, everything changes. I've fiddled with numbers for days and cannot get it to do what I need it to. All of our plans will be similar to this. 

I have gotten it to line up on another plan, but cannot seem to replicate what I did. I've changed so many numbers trying to get it to work! Once I get it set, I'd like to use it as a template for all that follow.

I've gotten this plan to successfully drop and line up (at the bottom), however, it had no brick veneer around it. I have successfully done it once and I've tried putting in all the exact numbers and I cannot seem to replicate it. 

I have not finished the foundation on this plan since It's not the correct height.

Thanks,

Susan

Screenshot Stem wall.png

New Compressed (zipped) Folder.zip

22 hours ago, tundra_dweller said:

@BerthaLee  Hi Susan, try changing the floor elevation and stemwall settings in the garage foundation room to what's shown in the picture below, that seemed to work for me.

2024-06-29_10-42-26.thumb.png.3aa39db4990b97cc9f348d0d74b0736f.png

I have, however, then the brick is too tall. It shows in the diagram that its the right height, but look at the picture. It's about 4'.

Susan

4 hours ago, BerthaLee said:

I have, however, then the brick is too tall. It shows in the diagram that its the right height, but look at the picture. It's about 4'.

Try the attached adjusted plan, I think this might be what you're looking for.

Because you have all your foundation walls set to balloon through ceiling above (essentially hanging your floor system inside the foundation), even though your stem walls are set to 37.5", they are automatically building 12.625" taller than that to balloon through to the floor above. So I subtracted 12.625" from your stemwall height, which makes the overall stemwall height 37.5".

The two garage walls that aren't immediately adjacent to the main floor system still won't build to the height you want, so I edited those two framed walls on the main floor to have a pony wall type the same as your foundation wall, and set the pony wall elevation to 0", which makes the tops of those pony walls the same level as the rest of the foundation walls.

The only other thing I did was change the sill plate dimension in your default foundation wall to a 2x8 instead of the 8x8 it was set at.

Hopefully this helps.

Oneal adjusted x15.zip