Roof Help

Tommy501

Hello Everyone.  I am have been trying and trying to figure out how to get the roof on this hose that a customer has my drawing.  The customers are very ridged and specific on what they want.  The problem comes from the two side wings that are set at an angle.  I'm sure there is a way to draw it correctly but Auto Draw and when I draw it manually things are not coming out right.  The biggest problem is when the roof is completely on, the angle of the front walls is causing a dip in the middle of the top ridge. 

Tommy Stevens

Diamond State Home Designs

Acer Nitro 5

12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12650H   2.70 GHz

Ram-16 GB

64-bit operating system

Roof 1.pdf Roof 2.pdf Roof 3.pdf Plan View.pdf

If you make the front porch walls same height as rest of walls, and turn off the roof over the back porch you get a much cleaner look at your problem.  The roof is much simpler then.

FRONT PORCH

There are two valleys your porch roof is getting in the way of.  Extend your porch front wall out 2' from 52' to 54' (I got rid of the one inch on 52'1"....)  Let the front porch wall extend left/right to the angled walls (which doesn't impact your garage windows.)  Then raise your porch only roof up about 4'-5' if I'm scaling things correctly.  Voila.  That side of the house now works.

REAR PORCH

Your back porch roof is a bigger problem.  I changed this room to roof group 1.  Then turned roofs back on.  This only partially draws the roof over the back porch.  Best option to make things work was to increase your main roof to 8/12, then make the rear porch wall 4/12 roof and the side porch wall 3/12 roof, so that their ridge was pointing closer to the main house ridge.  (note: raising the 3/12 roof to 3.25 or 3.5 might make them line up exactly at the ridge intersection.  i'll let you figure that out)  I then turned off automatic roofs, changed these roof materials to standing seam so that I could easily see their intersections with the main roof and then extended those rear roof planes until they intersected with all of the adjacent 8/12 roofs. 

I'm not understanding the 20 degree walls, versus 22.5.  I hope this helps you.

@JiAngelo, Thank you for your input.  I am trying your suggestions now.  I agree with you on the 20 degree vs. 22.5 degree wall but the customer insisted the wall had to be 20 degrees in order to follow the typographical lay of the land and sit on their lot properly.  The odd angle has made everything more difficult but it has allowed me to learn new things.