Active Layer Display Setting Not Highlighting Respective Layer

DHerb2014

Hope I'm making sense with subject matter. I've been looking without success, for a button to activate the Active Layer Display Options that highlights the "current layer" that I'm drawing on.

E.g., drawing a floor plan and adding text for a note inside a room. Once the note is finished and OK is selected, it's added to the floor plan. Easy peasy. When going back to highlight the "note" nothing in the Active Layer Display Options dialog box indicates the "live" layer that was selected.

Is there a setting that I need to select that enables the Active Layer Display Options that shows what the name of the selected layer is? Attaching a simple highlight of label in "Laundry". In the Active Layer Display Options dbx, nothing is highlighted or shows what this layer is?

X15 Active Layer Set Issue.jpg

I still have issues with the label showing up after changing options in "gear" that Eric mentions above. Please see screen shots of labels showing up in sliding door and garage door, even after selecting "Suppress Label" in the dialog boxes. Also, no mention of Labels in the Active Layer Set.

This is the Electrical Layer Set by the way.

Labels Not Able to Be Removed on Floor Plan.jpg

Label Suppressed - Still Showing.jpg

Gear Options Selected.png

Ok, found out what the correct setting should be.

1. Schedule Specification is located in either Door or Window schedules - See attached "1"

2. Existing door (left) and two new doors (D03, D02) to right side - labels shown only for new doors? - See attached "2"

3. Existing door shown without label. See settings "3"

4. New door D03 shown with label and what the incorrect dialog box shows "4"

5. SOLUTION - New door D03 with correct settings that remove the label - "Label Layer / Use System Layer (Doors, Labels) - attachment "5"

Next time, I'll try to do a video, and hope this helps anyone else with this question on "Removing Door and Window Labels on Electrical Plans"

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg